Thru-Put/Freezing Up with 2 or more 1-second charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thru-Put/Freezing Up with 2 or more 1-second charts

When I try to open 3 different 1-second charts, using IB data, the 3rd chart invariably freezes within a few seconds. Are there any settings I can adjust to keep this from happening. I happen to be looking at NYMEX futures.

Hello cjvernon,

Thank you for your post.

You can improve the overall performance of NinjaTrader by implementing our performance tips from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
    Some key items to focus on when it comes to charting are the following:
    • The DaysToLoad/BarsToLoad setting for your charts can be reduced to improve performance. This option is viewed when right clicking in your chart > selecting Data Series. For information on working with Price Data please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
    • The indicators on the chart have two options that can be set to improve performance. The CalculateOnBarClose option can be set to True to improve performance, and the MaximumBarsLookBack can be set to TwoHundredFiftySix (which is the default setting).
    • When right clicking in the chart and selecting Properties, you will find an option called Update Display Interval. This can be set to a higher value on charts you may not be viewing at all times to help improve performance. This will only delay the visual update and not the actual data or calculations of indicators or strategies.

There is no one option to improve performance, and you may only need to use one of these settings on one chart.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes