Random Lockups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Lockups

I've been having a lot of problems over the last couple of weeks with random behavior. Sometimes when I restart Ninja Trader I get the "Not responding" message and waiting for 20 minutes does not load the charts. After several tries, it might work. Sometimes it takes a long time but finally comes up. Other times it comes up within a few seconds as expected.

I'm not sure if it's 3rd party indicators, a data server issue or what. I've tried rebuilding the charts in a new workspace but nothing is permanent. Just random behavior, sometimes everything is fine and other times its not.

Anyone have ideas on how to resolve this?

thanks,
    taddypole...

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you could be overloading your CPU. I would recommend reviewing our performance tips and applying them to your workspace.

Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's definitely not CPU overloading. When loading charts, the CPU would be a constant taking the same amount of time on every start up. CPU loading would be an issue during real-time data processing and typically be a function of too many charts and indicators and large amounts of data being processed during fast markets.

Comment

Hello Taddypole,

Thank you for your response.

If you do not think it's a matter of PC performance, do you receive any errors related to your 3rd party indicators in the "Log" tab or as a pop up?

Do you experience this when you launch NinjaTrader with a smaller workspace at start up?

How many workspaces do you currently have open? This can be found at Control Center -> File -> Workspaces. All workspaces listed at the bottom are open and calculating.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi Zach,

There are no errors under the Log tab in the Control Center and no pop ups from 3rd party indicators.

The size of the workspace does not make a difference. My small workspace is just 3 charts with 3 time frames of one futures instrument and I always only run one workspace.

I've run much larger workspaces and have had load times of 20-30 secs and they are consistently 20-30 secs each time.

regards,
          taddypole...

Comment

Hello taddypole,

When you rebuilt the workspace, did you use templates or did you rebuild it piece by piece?

Additionally, what release of NinjaTrader are you using? (This can be found at Control Center -> Help -> About).

Did this behavior begin after adding anything new to your charts that was not there before?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

I've rebuilt the workspaces both ways... using templates and by hand.
              My Ninja Trader is Version: 7.0.1000.26

I didn't really add anything that I can think of. I tend to like to keep things stable and not make changes.

taddypole....

Comment

Hello taddypole,

Please send me a note at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com with a link to this forum thread in the body of the email. Please also include your log and trace files for the date that this last occurred so that I can check for exceptions.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                • The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post GLFX005