corrupt file..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corrupt file..

I did a backup and when trying to reload it on another computer said there was a corrupt file. I've been having other issues such as the error message the program needs to close. Can I somehow reinstall ninja without losing settings or data?

Hello Delta007,

Thank you for your post.

Reinstalling would not resolve this. It means that there is something that would corrupt your current installation if NinjaTrader allowed the backup to load. Is the error specifically telling you that NinjaScript files are corrupt? If possible, send me a screenshot so I can see the exact text.

I look forward to your reply.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When hitting restore on my laptop to upload the backup that I created from my main desktop it says.."NinjaScript files can't be restored, since they would corrupt your installation."

Comment

Hello Delta007,

Thank you for your response.

You will want to check for any compile errors on your original PC that you created the backup from and resolve them before creating another backup file.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
        • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
        • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
        • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Comment

Indicators compiled there were no errors. Previously when the restore error popped up and I hit ok another message popped up saying config files templates and workspaces restored but ninja script files not restored.

Comment

Hello Delta007,

Thank you for your response.

If there are corrupt files on the existing back up, they cannot be restored and there is no workaround.

What release of NinjaTrader do you have on both PCs? This can be checked at Control Center -> Help -> About at the very top of the window.

Additionally, have you tried creating a different back up file and restoring from a brand new one?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

The computer im creating backup from has version .22, laptop has .16. I see there is a newer .26. I've downloaded new version. Can I just run the .exe and not lose data/settings?

Comment

Hello,
                Yes, if you run the setup.exe it will install over your current version and you will not lose any settings. The settings with NinjaTrader are saved in the (My) Documents-> NinjaTrader 7 folder. There are no changes made to this folder when you uninstall the NinjaTrader Program.
                If we can be of any other assistance please let me know.
                Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do I need to uninstall in add/remove programs first or can i just run the .exe file and let it override? I think in the past I did not do uninstall first and it seemed to update fine.

Comment

Hello,
                    You do not need to uninstall from the control panel.
                    If we can be of any other assistance please let me know.
                    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes