Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leafsfan
    replied
    Please add me to the list of users disappointed that the Ichimoku clouds can't be plotted in the future. I hope Ninjatrader addresses this soon, or one of the 3rd party vendors shows them how to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Crassius
    replied
    Alfred,

Thanks for the Trdestation code... I was wondering if that screen shot was NinjaTrader, now I know.

It's a starting place at least....

Hopefully I'll get some time soon to play around with it... There are numerous indicators and lines one can plot forward of the current bar, such as predicticted median price, so we must find away around this limitation.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred
    replied
    Originally posted by Crassius View Post
    Alfred,

Would you please post a code sample to achieve this effect?
    Here is the TradeStation code for offseting prices...a screenshot example of this was shown in post 19 below...

[LegacyColorValue = true];

input offset(10);
    plot1[offset](c,"c");
    plot2[offset](o,"o");
    plot3[offset](h,"h");
    plot4[offset](l,"l");

I do not have the C# code for this....

Thanks....

Leave a comment:

• Crassius
    replied
    Alfred,

Would you please post a code sample to achieve this effect?

Leave a comment:

• pipscatcher
    replied
    I would like to see ichimoku on NT7 build in indicator as well. Now I try to use some custom versions but I cannot get kumo (cloud) printed in future.

Leave a comment:

• Alfred
    replied
    What about offset plotting of current bars X bars to the left (also make the current chart bars transparent)...then perhaps one could plot "into the future" in the X bars space to right of ones offset bars...??...example in screen shot below...price offset 150 bars here allows plotting a fibo cycles indicator into the future up to 150 bars ......

Thanks...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alfred; 12-25-2010, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Crassius
    replied
    Just want to vote my view that I find this limitation to NT irritating, and it keeps me from buying the package... I still have to use another software package for ichimoku so that it can plot forward of the current bar, something that is essential in this indicator.

Since Ichimoku is so widely used in Asia, I must know its support resistence levels, because the Asian currencies trade based on the Ichimoku support/resistence levels. You guys are seriously limiting your market base by building in a limitation that locks out more than two thirds of the world's population's favorite indicator.

Hope to see this resolved soon.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ
    replied
    Originally posted by PeterM View Post
    Just checking in to say that I'm VERY interested in knowing whether this problem will be resolved in the reasonably foreseeable future. I've come to rely heavily on the Ichimoku system; and hence NT's inability to plot to the right of the current price bar (and thus its inability to display an important part of the Ichimoku "cloud") is an extremely serious drawback for me.
    Unfortunately I do not have an update to when or if this feature will be implemented at this time. I will however forward this to our development team as a reminder.

Leave a comment:

• PeterM
    replied
    Ichimoku forward shifting problem

Just checking in to say that I'm VERY interested in knowing whether this problem will be resolved in the reasonably foreseeable future. I've come to rely heavily on the Ichimoku system; and hence NT's inability to plot to the right of the current price bar (and thus its inability to display an important part of the Ichimoku "cloud") is an extremely serious drawback for me.

Leave a comment:

• Ken Logan
    replied
    Ichimoku problem

Originally posted by anachronist View Post
    I have a number of TradeStation indicators I'd like to port to NinjaTrader but can't, because of this limitation. At least not without the messiness of overriding the Plot() method. I believe it might be possible to override Plot() to do this, but I haven't been inclined to fiddle with it in depth.

A bar is simply a column location on a chart, with "0" defined as the current column. Offseting a plot left or right shouldn't be difficult. If there's no way to associate future dates and times with those columns in the future, then I'd say let NinjaTrader leave them undefined until they happen.

-Alex
    Hi Alex

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to my query. It is much appreciated. Your comments are duly noted.

Thanks again

Ken Logan

Leave a comment:

• anachronist
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken Logan View Post
    Have the same problem. No future plotting of cloud on Ninja chart. However, I see that MT4 seems to have incorporated this feature on their charts. Is there really no solution available or have you overcome this problem somehow? Appreciate any help you can give on this.
    I have a number of TradeStation indicators I'd like to port to NinjaTrader but can't, because of this limitation. At least not without the messiness of overriding the Plot() method. I believe it might be possible to override Plot() to do this, but I haven't been inclined to fiddle with it in depth.

A bar is simply a column location on a chart, with "0" defined as the current column. Offseting a plot left or right shouldn't be difficult. If there's no way to associate future dates and times with those columns in the future, then I'd say let NinjaTrader leave them undefined until they happen.

-Alex

Leave a comment:

• Ken Logan
    replied
    Ichimoku forward shifting problem

Originally posted by rrangetrader View Post
    I would like to suggest that in future releases/updates the ability to plot indicators that require forward time shifting be possible. I currently use the Ichimoku indicator which was posted in the forum but cannot see any part of the Ichimoku Cloud beyond the most current bar. I haven't checked the alligator - but I know that it also uses forward shifting to be effective in it's interpretation. Ninja's a great platform and I know these are old stodgy indicators, but nevertheless, they should be able to be plotted correctly.

Keep up the good work!
    rr

Sir

Have just started trying to get to grips with the Ichimoku indicator. Have the same problem. No future plotting of cloud on Ninja chart. However, I see that MT4 seems to have incorporated this feature on their charts. Is there really no solution available or have you overcome this problem somehow? Appreciate any help you can give on this.

respectfully

ken logan

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    There are many things we have considered and exposed. We have expanded our circle of what is supported with each new major release and I see that policy continuing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• anachronist
    replied
    This brings up another question: Has anybody on the development team considered making certain parts of NinjaTrader open source, so that we outsiders can implement and submit actual improvements rather than simply suggest them? The current broken way NT handles user data files, as well as limitations on some graphics operations, are two areas that come to mind. Those bits shouldn't contain proprietary code.

The idea here is to expand the development team to volunteers, for parts of the software that aren't considered "core".

-Alex

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    On our list but no guarantee at this time.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post DynamicTest  
Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post ScottWalsh