Can't plot past current bar - Ichi Clouds incomplete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ichimoku forward shifting problem

Just checking in to say that I'm VERY interested in knowing whether this problem will be resolved in the reasonably foreseeable future. I've come to rely heavily on the Ichimoku system; and hence NT's inability to plot to the right of the current price bar (and thus its inability to display an important part of the Ichimoku "cloud") is an extremely serious drawback for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterM View Post
      Just checking in to say that I'm VERY interested in knowing whether this problem will be resolved in the reasonably foreseeable future. I've come to rely heavily on the Ichimoku system; and hence NT's inability to plot to the right of the current price bar (and thus its inability to display an important part of the Ichimoku "cloud") is an extremely serious drawback for me.
      Unfortunately I do not have an update to when or if this feature will be implemented at this time. I will however forward this to our development team as a reminder.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just want to vote my view that I find this limitation to NT irritating, and it keeps me from buying the package... I still have to use another software package for ichimoku so that it can plot forward of the current bar, something that is essential in this indicator.

Since Ichimoku is so widely used in Asia, I must know its support resistence levels, because the Asian currencies trade based on the Ichimoku support/resistence levels. You guys are seriously limiting your market base by building in a limitation that locks out more than two thirds of the world's population's favorite indicator.

Hope to see this resolved soon.

Comment

What about offset plotting of current bars X bars to the left (also make the current chart bars transparent)...then perhaps one could plot "into the future" in the X bars space to right of ones offset bars...??...example in screen shot below...price offset 150 bars here allows plotting a fibo cycles indicator into the future up to 150 bars ......

Thanks...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Alfred; 12-25-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I would like to see ichimoku on NT7 build in indicator as well. Now I try to use some custom versions but I cannot get kumo (cloud) printed in future.

Comment

Alfred,

Would you please post a code sample to achieve this effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Crassius View Post
                Alfred,

Would you please post a code sample to achieve this effect?
                Here is the TradeStation code for offseting prices...a screenshot example of this was shown in post 19 below...

[LegacyColorValue = true];

input offset(10);
                plot1[offset](c,"c");
                plot2[offset](o,"o");
                plot3[offset](h,"h");
                plot4[offset](l,"l");

I do not have the C# code for this....

Thanks....

Comment

Alfred,

Thanks for the Trdestation code... I was wondering if that screen shot was NinjaTrader, now I know.

It's a starting place at least....

Hopefully I'll get some time soon to play around with it... There are numerous indicators and lines one can plot forward of the current bar, such as predicticted median price, so we must find away around this limitation.

Comment

Please add me to the list of users disappointed that the Ichimoku clouds can't be plotted in the future. I hope Ninjatrader addresses this soon, or one of the 3rd party vendors shows them how to do it.

Comment

Check here:
                      I will not be able to help you in this respect. I am extermely sorry. I do not wish to be a part of any inconvenience and controversy to any one in the forum. I have had a great learning experience from this forum and I have high regards for Big Mike and his able moderator's team. Cory, I have been following your trading and contribution since a long long time and have my regards to what you have done fro the trading community ..... However please excuse me from particitpating any more. I can't …

Comment

Thanks for the link... that does solve the Ichi problem....

I suggest NinjaTrader support create a reference sample for the code library that covers overriding the plot has been successfully done over at Big Mike's.

There are other times when one doesn't want to address the Y axis with a indicator value by it's bar... predictive moving averages for one.....

Comment

Thanks to this forum, the members (especially oops!) and bigmiketrading, I now have future clouds. Greatly appreciated everyone!!!

Comment

Utterly Ridiculous

Originally posted by Crassius View Post
                            Just want to vote my view that I find this limitation to NT irritating, and it keeps me from buying the package... I still have to use another software package for ichimoku so that it can plot forward of the current bar, something that is essential in this indicator.

Since Ichimoku is so widely used in Asia, I must know its support resistence levels, because the Asian currencies trade based on the Ichimoku support/resistence levels. You guys are seriously limiting your market base by building in a limitation that locks out more than two thirds of the world's population's favorite indicator.

Hope to see this resolved soon.

I agree, utterly ridiculous. Let me throw another jab about NT being incapable of using John Ehler's Corona indicators because of similar graphical incontinence.

Comment

Clouds PLot Properly In This Version

Here is a version I found on BigMike's forum that overcomes the future cloud problem.

I have come to learn that this forum is more for answering common support questions, and anything above that gets much less help here. Try BigMike's forum for somewhat better programmer to programmer related support.

You will have to deal with BigMike's (somewhat) heavy handed sales pitch to join the paid version of the forum, but there is lots available in the free areas.... especially programmer to programmer support.

I spoke with John Ehlers last month, and he will be releasing a new add on specifically designed to run on NinjaTrader in the the next month or so.

That project is code named Swami, but may be released under a different name. If you are a fan of his as I am, you might want to keep your eyes out for it.

Better yet, drop John Ehlers an email at ehlers(remove this)@mesasoftware.com and ask him to please release a ninjatrader version of MESA9, so we can have access to MESA's dominant cycle measurement. He told me he would in about 6 months, but it can only help if he knows there is some interest from NinjaTrader users.

The Corona indicators are good in their own right (the NinjaTrader versions available for download that I have seen all have errors in them and return wrong readings) , but nothing is as accurate or as fast to measurement as his MESA cycle measurement algorithm. Without MESA's fast, accurate and smooth cycle measurement, all cycle based indicators, including the Corona indicators suffer from poor cycle measurement. We need it on NinjaTrader.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Crassius; 05-11-2011, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks Crassius!

About 18 months ago I talked to a trader that was working on porting the Corona to NT but I think they just gave up on it due to graphical limitations of NT. I can't remember the group he was working with now though.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Perr0Grande  
                                Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post elderan