Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anachronist
    replied
    All right, then. Will this situation be rectified in NT7?
    -Alex

Update (about 3 years later, December 2011): One can put draw objects in the future by specifying a negative bar offset. This is a good thing.
    -A
    Last edited by anachronist; 12-20-2011, 12:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    >> You're saying there's absolutely no way to do this?
    correct

Leave a comment:

• anachronist
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
    Correct, you can't draw right of the rightmost bar.
    Well, that kills one signal I'm developing.

I have a calculation that generates possible future turning points. They don't occur in order. When market conditions are set a certain way, a turning point is calculated, no telling where it will be.

I would like to be able to draw a vertical line where these results occur. You're saying there's absolutely no way to do this? Allowing a negative barsAgo parameter to the DrawVerticalLine() method should be a simple upgrade.

Any ideas are welcome. Do I need to set a margin to the right of a bar and then override the Plot() method?
    -Alex

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    Correct, you can't draw right of the rightmost bar.

Leave a comment:

• fragalles
    replied
    At the moment the indicator is drawing the SMMA from 8 bars ago onto the current bar:

if(CurrentBar < 8)
    return;
    Jaw.Set(SMMA(Median, 13)[8]);

So in theory it should be possible to make a displacement -3 (in the future) and then draw the SMMA from 11 bars (8+3) ago...
    But this does not work the last line will always be drawn at the current bar...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Have you tried using the Displacement input parameter when you attach an indicator to a chart? You can put in a positive or negative number in Displacement and it will shift the plots forward or backward.

As for referencing a bar in the future for a condition, to build a condition you can't reference something that hasn't happened. This is impossible.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ben
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Have you tried using the Displacement input parameter when you attach an indicator to a chart? You can put in a positive or negative number in Displacement and it will shift the plots forward or backward.

As for referencing a bar in the future for a condition, to build a condition you can't reference something that hasn't happened. This is impossible.

Leave a comment:

• fragalles
    replied
    looking forward to the function that allows indicators to plot on future bars

At the moment i am using the Open E Cry software to trade the alligator as it can plot lines in the future.

I am looking forward to see this function working in ninjatrader, ideally with the possibility in the strategy wizard to set a condition check "if x happens 5 bars in the future" ...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Dierk
    replied
    Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Leave a comment:

• Can't plot past current bar - Ichi Clouds incomplete

I would like to suggest that in future releases/updates the ability to plot indicators that require forward time shifting be possible. I currently use the Ichimoku indicator which was posted in the forum but cannot see any part of the Ichimoku Cloud beyond the most current bar. I haven't checked the alligator - but I know that it also uses forward shifting to be effective in it's interpretation. Ninja's a great platform and I know these are old stodgy indicators, but nevertheless, they should be able to be plotted correctly.

Keep up the good work!
    rr

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Kaledus
by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
1 response