Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about minute data

Hello.

I removed the minute folder from db but left all the others. I then opened up a 1440 min chart and reloaded historical data for 5 years successfully. I opened historical data manager and did not see any min data, only day and tick.

How is it possible I have a 1440 min chart up but the manager is not recognizing it?

Thanks!

Hello nepenthean,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may try to reproduce, who is your data provider?

I look forward to your reply.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IQFeed

thanks

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

Thank you for your response.

Does this data still not appear in the "Historical Data Manager"?

I look forward to your reply.
        Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No this data is still absent in the historical data manager. I had a 1440 12-14 CL chart starting from 2007 populated successfully. But this data is not shown in the data manager.

Please advise.

Comment

Can you please try a restart of NinjaTrader (if not already) and check if the Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab shows the newly loaded minute data.

If not, please do not connect to your data feed yet. Create a new minute chart and check if the data in question is loaded.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Can you please try a restart of NinjaTrader (if not already) and check if the Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab shows the newly loaded minute data.

If not, please do not connect to your data feed yet. Create a new minute chart and check if the data in question is loaded.

1) Data manager still is not showing min data for that instrument.

2) Created a new min chart selecting 2190 days to load on this 1440 chart. First bar on the chart is 10/18/12. I am not connected to a data feed. I do not understand why in data manager for 7/14 there is no min data shown, but I have that month on the min chart.

Please help.

Comment

Probably you have selected a merged back-adjusted (or merged non-adjusted) chart. This is built from all front month contracts over the lookback period. Depending on the rollover dates that you have seleceted, you will find the historical data by accessing all contract months successively.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  Probably you have selected a merged back-adjusted (or merged non-adjusted) chart. This is built from all front month contracts over the lookback period. Depending on the rollover dates that you have seleceted, you will find the historical data by accessing all contract months successively.

Yes, you are correct: I have selected a mergebackadjusted chart. I do not know how to select rollover dates. Are you saying I have to open each contract itself to access this data?

Comment

nepenthean,

If you want to see the data specific to the contract that you are trying to view then yes you will want to use DoNotMerge, as this will only show the data for the contract selected.

With MergeBackAdjusted, this will get the data for the contracts in the look back period according to their rollover periods.
                    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by nepenthean View Post
                      Yes, you are correct: I have selected a mergebackadjusted chart. I do not know how to select rollover dates. Are you saying I have to open each contract itself to access this data?
                      A merge-backadjusted contract is built from data of many contract months. If you wish to access the data, you need tp open each of the contracts.

Also you cannot use the option DoNotMerge over an extended period, because each of the monthly contracts for CL is only liquid for a relativ short time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post zstheorist  
                      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                      8 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rehmans