Collapse

Partly executed order for short sale restriction - protections non positionned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partly executed order for short sale restriction - protections non positionned

Hi, Fiends

I just have had a special experience concerning a short sale on Nasdaq today : in the same minute, an automatic short sale order was sent to Interactive Brokers on Oct 31 at 09:35:01 (sale 3012 unit of CDTI at market price) and a short sale restriction was declared by Nasdaq Market Authority from Oct 31 at 9:36:00 .

Only 80% of the order was executed (2557 units at $3.508), and the 20% were blocked (the order position was visble inside the IB portfolio, including the Short Sale Restriction logo).

My problem is that, under these conditions, the protections (Stop-Loss and Take-Profit) were NOT automatically positionned !!! My deduction is that the protections are registred inside IB platform ONLY IF THE TOTAL INITIAL ORDER is executed !!!

This highly risky situation leads me to ask you if anybody knows how to protect a partially executed order ?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

hypsis, thanks for the post. What methods are you using to submit those exit brackets in?

Which NT7 version and TWS is used in the setup?

To act on each incoming execution you should run the Stop&Target submission PerEntryExecution.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Mongo
    by Mongo

Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
    7 responses