Linking Manual Trade Entry with Automated Trade Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking Manual Trade Entry with Automated Trade Management

Hello. My trading system for CL and GC generates entry points that are often triggered at all hours of the day and night.

I have been trying to program a custom strategy using NinjaScript that allows me to do the following:
    a) Manually enter my order on my DOM
    b) Have Ninja Trader automatically manage the order that I have placed after the entry is elected.

This is what I want to be able to do:

1) I want to be able to enter the trade manually on my DOM.
    a) The trade will be a Stop Limit order for entry, with an Auto OCO using market orders for the stop and target.

2) Upon the trade being initiated via the entry price being hit, the stop and target values inputted into the Auto-OCO bracket order should be placed.
    (a) The initial stop needs to be 8 ticks.
    (b) The initial target needs to be 5 ticks.

Up to this point, there is not problem...just placing a bracket order. Here is where things get tricky, and where I am currently stuck:

3) The automated trade management component needs to use a OHLC minute chart's price bars as the basis for the trailing stop. The denomination of the minute chart does not matter.
    (a) Upon the trade being triggered the stop is 8 ticks and the target is 5 ticks.
    (b) After the current OHLC minute bar in which the entry point is triggered becomes fully formed, the stop changes. It becomes either the high or low of that minute bar +1 or -1 tick, depending on if the trade is a buy or a sell.
    a)For a sell the stop would be the high of the bar +1 tick.
    b) For a buy the stop would be the low of the bar -1 tick.
    (b) As each trade moves forward in time, the stop moves to the next completed OHLC minute bar +1 tick or -1 tick depending on if the trade entry is a buy or sell.

I am afraid that my attempt at writing the Ninjascript that could accomplish this task is inadequate at best....and it is possible that I may have to hire someone in order to get this strategy written.

But any help is much appreciated!!!!!!!! Thank you in advance!

Hello vern13,

Thank you for your post.

There is no method native to NinjaTrader to get manually placed orders and have them be managed by an automated strategy.

You can however, place an order with ATM Strategy attached to it. This will allow you to have a profit target and stop loss as protective orders to the open position.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...gement_atm.htm

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is a rudimentary diagram of the basic concept of the trailing stop, and how it works.

The big challenge for me is the transition from the initial stop, to the trailing stop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CL 12-14 (1 Min)  10_31_2014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	872608

Comment

Thank you for the response.

So, if I wanted to develop an automated trade management strategy, then I would have to link my indicators and trade entry?

Could I do this, and have the trades be entered automatically upon the Electronic market open with the trade management parameters that I have outlined?

If my signal was based on a 1400 minute chart....could I have the entry point plotted using that chart, and then switch to a 1 minute chart for the trade management portion of the trade?

Comment

Hello vern13,

Thank you for your response.

It would be possible to do this through a multiple series script. Please take a look at the following link for information on adding multiple bar series (i.e. 1440 and 1 Minute) to your script: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm

Comment

I will look into it......thank you for the link.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post maybeimnotrader  
            Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post quantismo