• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can't connect to market replay anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't connect to market replay anymore

After extensive market replay, I can't connect anymore. Clicking the connection link leads to nowhere. Here is what I tried:
    - Repair database
    - Reset database, doesn't work, Ninjatrader gets unresponsive
    - Delete all data replay files and created new ones by downloading from Rithmic
    - Uninstalled and re-installed NT.
    - No change after that

Now I am out of ideas. Anyone can help?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please tell me what happens when you attempt to connect. Do you receive any error messages? If so please forward me a screen shot of the error message.

To capture a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Loki45 View Post
      After extensive market replay, I can't connect anymore. Clicking the connection link leads to nowhere. Here is what I tried:
      - Repair database
      - Reset database, doesn't work, Ninjatrader gets unresponsive
      - Delete all data replay files and created new ones by downloading from Rithmic
      - Uninstalled and re-installed NT.
      - No change after that

Now I am out of ideas. Anyone can help?
      Just to be clear - you have rebooted your machine in between all this and any last attempt?

For my FYI - How is this done? I'm not aware of this method and would like to know how.

" Delete all data replay files and created new ones by downloading from Rithmic"

Comment

HI,
        thanks for responding. Nothing happens, unfortunately, except that the replay window appears and then NT freezes. Nor error messages or anything. And, like a said, the data files a brand new, freshly downloaded.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I rebooted my machine, after re-installing NT. The folders with the replay data are under Mydocuments/Ninjatrader7/db/data/. There is a folder for each day with recorded data that you can simply delete. Fresh replay data can be obtained from your data provider under File-Utilities-Download Replay Data on your ControlCenter. You need to be connected to the data provider and recording of historical data needs to be turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
            Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please tell me what happens when you attempt to connect. Do you receive any error messages? If so please forward me a screen shot of the error message.

To capture a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file.
            In addition to my recent replay, I am sending another screenshot showing the data files that are in the data folder. There are just six days, each day with the freshly downloaded TF-12 level 1 data, nothing else. IMHO, there is something wrong with the replay engine itself, even after I did the new NT installation. Maybe that helps: Before it happened, I did some research, running market replay on high speed (500x) for quite some time over several recorded days, and I received hundreds of strange error messages which I neglected because the market replay itself kept running flawlessly and I needed to complete my analysis. I don't know the content of the error messages anymore because I deleted them all and didn't think of capture them with a screenshot.
            Hope that helps!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Loki45,

Thanks for your reply.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
              * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
              * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
              * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
              * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no indicators/templates and test for issue.
              * *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.
              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That didn't do it, unfortunately.
                If you take a close look at my recent screenshot, you'll notice that the non-responsive little replay window has white spaces on the grey background where the From and To information is supposed to be. Maybe that's gives a clue to the cause of this thing.

Comment

Hello Loki45,

Thanks for your reply.

Please write into platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com on this item to request a remote call to look into this further.
                  BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by tff2011, Yesterday, 03:55 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by Aporshnev, Today, 07:55 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view