• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy not executing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chelsea,
    Thank you for your help. How can I execute the order between the following times only. I like the system to flat the position 15 minutes before the end of these times ???

following hours :
    New York & London — 8:00 am — 12:00 noon EST
    Sydney & Tokyo — 7:00 pm — 2:00 am EST
    London & Tokyo — 3:00 am — 4:00am EST

Thanks
    Bill
    Last edited by billsingh; 11-09-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Hi billsingh,

First, when you asked for the MACD oscillator, I realize now you were asking for the Diff plot and not the MACD plot.

The Diff plot would be called with:

if (MACD(12, 26, 9).Diff[0] > 0)

Regarding the time filters, you will need to convert the time to your local PC time and write the time filter explicitly into your code.

For example:

if (ToTime(Time[0]) => 80000 && ToTime(Time[0]) <= 120000)
      {
      // execute code
      }

This code says, if the time of the bar is greater than or equal to 8:00 AM and the time of the bar is less than or equal to 12:00 PM, to execute the code between the curly braces.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/totime.htm
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-12-2014, 07:06 AM.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea, thank you for all the help.

Comment

Everything was working ok now I just get the following. Strategy does not execute on the chart.

**NT** Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'BillRsiMacdSma/824620925175464c82ff7b9849b46c83'
          **NT** Enabling NinjaScript strategy 'BillRsiMacdSma/824620925175464c82ff7b9849b46c83' : On starting a real-time strategy - StrategySync=WaitUntilFlat SyncAccountPosition=False EntryHandling=AllEntries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=PerEntryExecution ErrorHandling=StopStrategyCancelOrdersClosePositio ns ExitOnClose=True/ triggering 30 before close Set order quantity by=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=KeepRunning DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntryOrdersOnDisable=False CancelExitOrdersOnDisable=True CalculateOnBarClose=True MaxRestarts=4 in 5 minutes
          **NT** Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'BillRsiMacdSma/824620925175464c82ff7b9849b46c83'
          **NT** Enabling NinjaScript strategy 'BillRsiMacdSma/824620925175464c82ff7b9849b46c83' : On starting a real-time strategy - StrategySync=WaitUntilFlat SyncAccountPosition=False EntryHandling=AllEntries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=PerEntryExecution ErrorHandling=StopStrategyCancelOrdersClosePositio ns ExitOnClose=True/ triggering 30 before close Set order quantity by=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=KeepRunning DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntryOrdersOnDisable=False CancelExitOrdersOnDisable=True CalculateOnBarClose=True MaxRestarts=4 in 5 minutes

Comment

Hi billsingh,

Are there any errors showing in the Log tab of the Control Center?

If so, what do these say?

Comment

No log errors. I have just tried different strategies none of them is working. Something wrong with my settings on the NT I think...can someone please call me and look at it....I have emails 5:30 AM to platform support to call me but no one has called me so far...

Comment

Hi billsingh,

I will look for your open ticket and ensure you get a call.

We appreciate your patience.

Comment

thanks Chelsea.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PG7940, Today, 04:26 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post PG7940