Strategy not executing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Chelsea,
    Thank you for your help. How can I execute the order between the following times only. I like the system to flat the position 15 minutes before the end of these times ???

following hours :
    New York & London — 8:00 am — 12:00 noon EST
    Sydney & Tokyo — 7:00 pm — 2:00 am EST
    London & Tokyo — 3:00 am — 4:00am EST

Thanks
    Bill
    Last edited by billsingh; 11-09-2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Hi billsingh,

First, when you asked for the MACD oscillator, I realize now you were asking for the Diff plot and not the MACD plot.

The Diff plot would be called with:

if (MACD(12, 26, 9).Diff[0] > 0)

Regarding the time filters, you will need to convert the time to your local PC time and write the time filter explicitly into your code.

For example:

if (ToTime(Time[0]) => 80000 && ToTime(Time[0]) <= 120000)
      {
      // execute code
      }

This code says, if the time of the bar is greater than or equal to 8:00 AM and the time of the bar is less than or equal to 12:00 PM, to execute the code between the curly braces.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/totime.htm
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 11-12-2014, 08:06 AM.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea, thank you for all the help.

Comment

Everything was working ok now I just get the following. Strategy does not execute on the chart.

**NT** Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'BillRsiMacdSma/824620925175464c82ff7b9849b46c83'
          **NT** Enabling NinjaScript strategy 'BillRsiMacdSma/824620925175464c82ff7b9849b46c83' : On starting a real-time strategy - StrategySync=WaitUntilFlat SyncAccountPosition=False EntryHandling=AllEntries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=PerEntryExecution ErrorHandling=StopStrategyCancelOrdersClosePositio ns ExitOnClose=True/ triggering 30 before close Set order quantity by=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=KeepRunning DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntryOrdersOnDisable=False CancelExitOrdersOnDisable=True CalculateOnBarClose=True MaxRestarts=4 in 5 minutes
          **NT** Disabling NinjaScript strategy 'BillRsiMacdSma/824620925175464c82ff7b9849b46c83'
          **NT** Enabling NinjaScript strategy 'BillRsiMacdSma/824620925175464c82ff7b9849b46c83' : On starting a real-time strategy - StrategySync=WaitUntilFlat SyncAccountPosition=False EntryHandling=AllEntries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=PerEntryExecution ErrorHandling=StopStrategyCancelOrdersClosePositio ns ExitOnClose=True/ triggering 30 before close Set order quantity by=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=KeepRunning DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntryOrdersOnDisable=False CancelExitOrdersOnDisable=True CalculateOnBarClose=True MaxRestarts=4 in 5 minutes

Comment

Hi billsingh,

Are there any errors showing in the Log tab of the Control Center?

If so, what do these say?

Comment

No log errors. I have just tried different strategies none of them is working. Something wrong with my settings on the NT I think...can someone please call me and look at it....I have emails 5:30 AM to platform support to call me but no one has called me so far...

Comment

Hi billsingh,

I will look for your open ticket and ensure you get a call.

We appreciate your patience.

Comment

thanks Chelsea.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke