Charts hang up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts hang up

I have a problem with one of my computers and would like some input as to where to look for the bug.

The problem is this:
    I run NT with the CQG data feed on my computer. The data feed runs quite well, charts are updated fast.

Simultaneously I run NT on a virtual server, and on that one I regularly encounter that the charts hang up for sometimes up to 2 minutes. They just seem to freeze, including the BarTimer in the chart does not move anymore. As I had 3 instruments with each 3 charts, I deleted one instrument but even with only 2 instruments, the problem recurred. OK. I then only maintained a 1Minute chart (which also has a Range Data Series in it) for both instruments, but again the problem recurred.

Obviously the CQG data feed arrives well and is processed in my computer on the dot, but it either does not arrive smoothly in 205 or is not processed sufficiently fast enough.

What can or should I look into to narrow down what is causing these hang ups?

sandown

Hello Sandman,

Thanks for your post.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

* Shut down NinjaTrader
    * Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    * Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    * After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    * Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no indicators/templates and test for issue.
    * *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.
    Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your input. I forgot to mention that these hang ups do not occur regularly but seemingly out of the blue. When TF for example went down today at 8:30am my charts were totally fine. But then at 4am when it went up, on that one nice 1Min candle it hung up. Strange. Thus deleting everything and then building it up indicator by indicator would take me weeks as I would have to wait for a hang up perhaps for hours before being able to add another indicator. But your message reminded me that there was a similar issue in the past which had something do do with the workspace. Thus I now deleted that workspace file as it may well be corrupted. And I recreated a new workspace. I'll see tomorrow how it holds up and will take it from there.

Thanks.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      1 response