how do I set up mail?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I set up mail?????

this is very frustrating..I went to tools>options>misc>mail...tested mail..it was ok...but then tried to send log and trace files...pop-up states..email is not set up

what the hell am I supposed to 'set-up'???...completely lost and confused!

the mail system is overly complicated..I dont know if its NT or outside reasons..but it is a terrible system IMO

support here is amazing..but the mail thing is a problem..I have absolutely no clue what to do..any help appreciated

I have gmail..do I set it up in my actual gmail settings? because Ive tried this..and I see nothing about setting anything up..and I do not have outlook set up

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post and sorry for any frustration.

If you have not yet, I'd suggest looking over this guide here which gives the exact settings you would need for a Gmail account:

Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

Gmail:

Server: smtp.gmail.com
      Port: 587
      SSL: Enabled
      User: "YourUserName"
      Password" "YourPassword"

You will want to use the same Server, Port, and SSL option as above, and then simply fill in your gmail username and password.

One important note as your testing the connection, you will want to make sure you press "OK" to accept/apply the information that you input before you try to test the connection, otherwise it will be testing with old settings.

If you still have issues, please send us a direct email at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com which include a telephone number and a good time to reach you and we'll be happy to help you set this up, along with any other support inquires you may be experiencing.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

ooops...sorry..I didnt see your reply..thanks..I will try that and report back to you..

Comment

does that need to be my gmail username and password?

Comment

Yes, that would be the standard gmail username and password you use to login to check your mail.

For example, username:
            [email protected]

Comment

I just input that data...still NOTHING!

new pop-up: failed to send mail: The SMTP server requires secure connection or the client was not authenticated

WOW!!
              Last edited by shooly76; 11-05-2014, 03:40 PM.

Comment

This message would pop up if you have not checked SSL

I've attached a screen shot with the gmail settings which are known to work, ensuring we have checked SSL.
                Attached Files

Comment

it was checked...just tried again..different pop-up: same message but this was added to it somehow: 'server response was 5.5.1 Authentication required'

everything is input correctly

Comment

The response is coming from their servers which is not allowing authentication. Depending on how your gmail account is setup:

You may need to just use your email username without the @gmail.com.

Sometimes your gmail account may require access through port 465 instead of 587.

Your gmail account could be blocking access from 3rd party programs from using the smtp servers.

This has been known to be caused by weak passwords which do not meet their authentication procedure, or from security settings configured in your gmail account.

Comment

Ive tried just about everything...I even set up new yahoo email addy and that isnt working either..pop-up authentication..blah..server 5.8.7..blah..basiclly same pop up every time..

is there any other way I send my strategy code? is there a way I can take a screenshot..then save as..then email it? if there is..Im not seeing it..

Comment

I dont need the mail support anymore..I finally figured out the problem w my strategy..

Comment

Hi shooly,

Sorry that still isn't working. You can always just send us a direct email from your email client. If you have strategy code in the future that you need us to check us, you can just add it as an attachment.

From your gmail account, you can simply compose a new message and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

We'll always be happy to give you a call and log into your PC remotely to get the mail to support feature to work for you.

Comment

I have had the same problem with SendMail and Gmail.
                            The solution related to the level of security used by Ninja.
                            See here for a note from Google:

__________________________________________________ _________________________
                            We recently blocked a sign-in attempt to your Google Account [[email protected]].

Sign-in attempt details
                            Date & Time: Wednesday, 1 July, 12:50 p.m. BST

If this wasn't you
                            Please review your Account Activity page at https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity to see if anything looks suspicious. Whoever tried to sign in to your account knows your password; we recommend that you change it right away.

If this was you
                            You can switch to an app made by Google such as Gmail to access your account (recommended) or change your settings at https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps so that your account is no longer protected by modern security standards.

To learn more, see https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255.

Yours sincerely,
                            The Google Accounts team
                            __________________________________________________ ____________________________

I reluctantly switch to a less secure setting for Gmail - and it fixed the problem.

Stuart

Comment

Hello Outlier,

Thank you for your post. We have heard of these cases with the security settings with Google. Outside of lowering the security settings, another workaround would be to generate an App-Specific Password for use with NinjaTrader.

Though, please note this will require enabling Two-Step Verification on your Gmail account.
                              Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes