I've had enough!! Loading data from kinetic a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had enough!! Loading data from kinetic a joke

I've paid $1000 for this BS and I'm sick of it. I've wasted hours trying to get data to load properly, and now, tick data that I loaded months ago in order to get a collection going further back then that measly 3 months kinetic provides has been deleted by using download historical data.

I set my templates to 24 hours, I've tried merge and not merge, I've deleted my cache, I've done all the things read after seaching and fighting with this for months...

I load a 6E ##-## tick chart from kinetic, then a month later I load it again and there's a month in the middle of my data range that just won't load, I delete the cache, no help, delete the cache and delete all data loaded since the load i did a month ago, with NT closed, re-open, load chart, and there's a huge GAP in the price,.. this is ##-##, tried it with merge back and do not merge back (shouldn't matter), Happens with CL, and other contracts. ... so then I delete all cache, try to download data in the historical data manager, and it overwrites all my stuff from April to Sept that I've collected for the last 6 months. I WANT THIS BACK... I want this $1000 crap to work. oh can't forget the $100 a month for kinecit. Why should users have to go solve a puzzle just to get data on a @#%$%$ chart?!?!

How do I get my data back, it's not in recycle bin. If download data is going to delete my existing data perhaps you should WARN users of that??! What are the exact steps I need to take to add to data that was already collected...without a massive disconnect in the data.. how is this so hard?

If you'd like to deal with me directly, that'd be great. I've been very patient with other shortcomings of NT but this is too much... Delete this and email me ifyou want...

Thanks....

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Please email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a link to this forum topic so that I can schedule a remote call with you to assist further.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

@waynewright33, please keep us posted the outcome of your problem, as some of us, me in particular, may be planning to take a plunge at kenetick and are still on the fence so-to-speak. Thanks in advance. And good luck with your issues. I hope they'll resolve them for you soon

Comment

Just to say that I've been using Kinetick for nearly three years with a lot of historical data. My backup file is 2GB in size now and I've hardly had any problem with data.

I would guess that some people's PC installation may be the cause of problems - I don't know.

Comment

I let this go for awhile after figuring out that Kinetick restricts its advertised historical data availability to after market hours, and just dealing with the fact that I lost so much data. But after today, having more problems with it not filling a gap in my charts, I read to make sure I click "reload all historical data" on my charts, which effectively deleted all the data I had saved up for the last year AGAIN. I'll be getting a "remote call" and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post zstheorist  
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rehmans