• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Backtest not working on data series < 1 min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtest not working on data series < 1 min

I am trying to backtest a strategy using tick data series, but the tester never enter any trades on any data series < 1 min. If I use the 1 min series i get hundreds...

I have tried a number of different strategies including very basic ones and no matter what I do I can't seem to enter any trades. The tick data is loading ok as far as I know so I can't figure what the problem could be.

Cheers,
    Paul

Hello zzpra,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Are you connected to your data feed provider when running this test?
    • What instrument(s) have you selected? If a futures instrument, what expiry is selected? (Example: ES 06-13)
    • Do you have data in the Historical Data Manager (Tools > Historical Data Manager) for the instrument and period you are testing the strategy on?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your response.
    Patrick H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I managed to get it working, although I don't know how. I rebuilt the database to no effect, but when I changed the dates in the time frame it seemed to started working. I think I read somewhere that kinetick (my data provider) may only have tick data for 3 months? In any case I tested time frames both inside and outside of 3 months and it seems to be working.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mntemel, Today, 09:07 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post MojoJojo  
      Started by martyn73, Today, 08:22 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post martyn73