Backtest not working on data series < 1 min

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtest not working on data series < 1 min

I am trying to backtest a strategy using tick data series, but the tester never enter any trades on any data series < 1 min. If I use the 1 min series i get hundreds...

I have tried a number of different strategies including very basic ones and no matter what I do I can't seem to enter any trades. The tick data is loading ok as far as I know so I can't figure what the problem could be.

Cheers,
    Paul

Hello zzpra,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Are you connected to your data feed provider when running this test?
    • What instrument(s) have you selected? If a futures instrument, what expiry is selected? (Example: ES 06-13)
    • Do you have data in the Historical Data Manager (Tools > Historical Data Manager) for the instrument and period you are testing the strategy on?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I managed to get it working, although I don't know how. I rebuilt the database to no effect, but when I changed the dates in the time frame it seemed to started working. I think I read somewhere that kinetick (my data provider) may only have tick data for 3 months? In any case I tested time frames both inside and outside of 3 months and it seems to be working.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post usazencort  
      Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes