Cannot reload historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot reload historical data

This is that familiar problem that always seems to be popping up, where "reload historical data" is greyed out and I can't reload price data. I've tried all the usual stuff, including uninstalling the program, deleting the cache, repairing database, removing account connections...no matter what I do I can't select "reload historical data", as it is greyed out, despite the fact that i am connected via my live account.

This all started when I was randomly disconnected from my demo account on Friday after the market was closed.

I must say this is a very frustrating and often recurring problem, I really hope this is fixed for NT8. The issue seems to pop up for many people frequently.

Any help would be appreciated. Is there some comprehensive list of steps to really reset everything? I don't want to lose my workspace though.

Well it is working now, perhaps the servers were down. It wouldn't have been an issue except for the fact that I couldn't view the prior week's data because for whatever reason only data up to November 3rd was saved. It would be nice if you wouldn't lose all of your most recent historical data every time you logout and reconnect, as it seems Ninja is only saving it intermittently. Perhaps there is a way to change this in settings?

Comment

Hello ra1den,

Thank you for your post.

This occurs when you are unable to connect to the Historical Data Server. This can be due to server maintenance.

The historical data can still be accessed in your system under Tools > Historical Data Manager, or by opening a chart without connecting to the data feed provider.

Comment

The only data that was available to me at the time was up to November 3 though, in other words the week prior to the current week. All of the current week's data was removed, despite that I had already had it in their before my logout on Friday and reconnection. Does data only get saved on a weekly basis?

Comment

Hello ra1den,

Thank you for your response.

No, the historical data is saved on each run of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Why is it then that whenever I shut down Ninja and restart it, not all of the data I previously had is there? It is generally several days behind, and I have to connect to a feed to get the most recent days. It doesn't seem to be continually saving the historical data on my end.

Comment

Hello ra1den,

Do you see the data if you check Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab? Once historical data is loaded in NinjaTrader, it should be saved automatically.

To what data feed provider do you connect in NinjaTrader?

Try the following. Create a chart for an instrument you normally not use. Check if all data is loaded in the chart and check the Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab as well. Restart NinjaTrader and check again.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes