NT Pivots different values on 2 computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Pivots different values on 2 computers

I run NT on two computers. The NT pivots are showing up with different values on the same instrument. See attached image. Does someone know what could cause this?

sandman
    Attached Files

Hello sandman,

Please ensure that the Pivots indicators are using the exact same settings.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Odd. They ran on the very same settings in a 15Min chart, with 5 days loaded and "Use Instrument Settings". Anything else that could be checked?

Comment

Hello sandman,

Please right click on the chart and select Indicators.

Then in the Indicators window select Pivots.

What do you have selected for the following on each chart?

PivotRangeType

PriorDayHLC

Maximum bars look back

Comment

The NT default (on both computers) which is
          Daily
          DailyBars
          TwoHundredFiftySix

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

Thank you for the reply.

Please send me your workspace, log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support, checking the box 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: ATTN:Chris S http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...133#post393133

Comment

Christopher. Thanks. I have just done that. It is two emails, one from each computer. While yesterday this oddity showed up on TF, today TF is okay but the pivots are different on CL. This workspace opens over two monitors so you may get overlapping charts. I suggest to just close all of them but the 15min CL chart from both computers.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
              sandman

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                Christopher. Thanks. I have just done that. It is two emails, one from each computer. While yesterday this oddity showed up on TF, today TF is okay but the pivots are different on CL. This workspace opens over two monitors so you may get overlapping charts. I suggest to just close all of them but the 15min CL chart from both computers.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
                sandman
                Case: DailyBars

If you set the pivots to DailyBars, then the pivot values will be calculated from daily data. If your two PCs show different values for pivots, there are three potential causes:

(1) Different data providers supply different daily data. For example Kinetick supplies full session high and low and the settlement price, whereas CQG supplies regular session high and low and the regular close. Different data leads to different pivots.

(2) The second possible cause is that you have not reloaded daily data before opening the intraday chart. The pivots indicator does not automatically load daily data. Before you apply the pivots indicator you either need

-> to open a daily chart to make sure that all historical data has been loaded
                -> load all daily data via the Historical Data Manager

(3) The session template can also have an impact on the pivots. Please make sure that you always use a session template in line with the contract specifications for the instrument (open charts with instrument settings, never 24/7)

Case: IntradayData

In this case you mainly need to make sure that you use the correct session template (specific session template for each instrument), otherwise your pivot values will be false.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:01 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post f.saeidi  
                Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes