Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no data for cl 1-15

Hello Ninja Trader,
    I switched to the CL 1-15 chart yesterday. Data was fine until last night. I had 4 charts up with different ranges. Half the charts were showing different prices. I reset and repaired my data with no success. This morning the charts were simply frozen but the order tab of the Control Center was showing new bids and asks. I switched by to the 12-14 contract and that works. My data feed in Continuum. Any suggestions?

Hi, thank you for your post.

The CL 01-15 expiry is setup by default to rollover on 11/18/2014.

To change this to an earlier date, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager. Highlight the CL in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit.

Subsequently select the Misc-tab and scroll to the bottom. Select the 'Contract months' row and click the '...' button that appears.

Select the 01-15 expiry month and you will see the rollover date listed. Historical data before this date is loaded from the 12-14 expiry and so on.

This means that if you currently create a CL 01-15 chart, it will receive real-time data from the 01-15 expiry, but historical data is loaded from the 12-14 expiry. Because there is a difference in price between these two expires you see incorrectly merged data that normally produces a gap or a single large bar on load.

You can change the rollover date for the 01-15 contract to November 12th to allow NinjaTrader to merge these contracts correctly. Once this is changed you will need to reload historical data in your charts to apply the change via a right click -> reload historical data.

This date will be updated in a future release of the platform.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aa731
    by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes