Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditional orders not permitted?

Hello,

I've run into an issue placing ATM template orders in my TD Ameritrade account. When I place an ATM order I get the message "Conditional orders are not permitted for accounts in this segment", followed by details of the rejected order. So for a template with a stop order and profit target/limit order, they are both rejected.

I'm wondering what might be the issue here. Is this something on TD Am's end? Having just recently created my TD account, these were the first trades I entered (each one had the error). Is this signifying some kind of account restriction on TD's end, or is there something in NT to adjust?
    Attached Files

Hello nickslad,

These rejections occur for "orange" accounts setup for ThinkOrSwim. You would need to submit conditional orders from the ThinkOrSwim platform. If you have another TD Ameritrade account that is "green", it will allow conditional orders to be submitted from NinjaTrader.

If you do not have such a green account, please contact TD Ameritrade Tech Support using the Secure Message Center on the TD Ameritrade Web site. After logging in, click Client Services >Contact Us > "Send us an email" or by calling 1-800-669-3900 and asking for Tech Support. Check if they can switch your account from "orange" to "green".
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply. I had a feeling it was something like this, but when I searched through their site I couldn't turn up any info. I will get in touch with TD and go from there.

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post trilliantrader  
      Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
      1 response
      0 likes