Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Position price always more than buy price.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Good to hear you found the cause of the issue and thank you for letting us know.

Leave a comment:

• Andor1999
    replied
    Originally posted by Andor1999 View Post
    Jason, Chris...

Sorry for wasting your time on this.
    Upon further investigation, the problem isn't with Ninjatrader. (if there's a problem at all)
    Ninjatrader is reporting the same amount displayed in my IB portfolio screen.
    Now I just have to find out why on the IB side.
    I'm pretty sure it will turn out to be correct and just another part of my continuing trading education.

Once again, sorry for the false alarm.
    I'll investigate a bit more the next time I have a problem.

Andor
    As you guys suspected, it's the commission added to the position.
    It's only apparent now because I've been testing a system and making $30-$50 purchases.
    Of course commissions are going to be a big percentage at those levels.
    If it wasn't for that one indicator covering another I might have figured it out sooner.

Andor

Leave a comment:

• Andor1999
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
    Hello Andor,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, Position price always more than buy price.' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Please include at what time (as per your PC clock) you submitted the buy order in question.
    Jason, Chris...

Sorry for wasting your time on this.
    Upon further investigation, the problem isn't with Ninjatrader. (if there's a problem at all)
    Ninjatrader is reporting the same amount displayed in my IB portfolio screen.
    Now I just have to find out why on the IB side.
    I'm pretty sure it will turn out to be correct and just another part of my continuing trading education.

Once again, sorry for the false alarm.
    I'll investigate a bit more the next time I have a problem.

Andor

Leave a comment:

• Andor1999
    replied
    Hello Andor,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, Position price always more than buy price.' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Please include at what time (as per your PC clock) you submitted the buy order in question.
    Mail sent.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello Andor,

Leave a comment:

• Andor1999
    replied
    Hello Andor,

Can you please tell me where exactly in the Control Center you see a price of 26.00. Am I correct you are looking in the Positions-tab or could this be the Orders-tab?

Could it be you experienced slippage? If so and you trade the sim101 account, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Simulator-tab. Enable 'Enforce immediate fills' and click OK. Subsequently check if orders execute at the price you submit them.
    It was under the Executions tab and I'm trading a live IB account.

Andor

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello Andor,

Can you please tell me where exactly in the Control Center you see a price of 26.00. Am I correct you are looking in the Positions-tab or could this be the Orders-tab?

Could it be you experienced slippage? If so and you trade the sim101 account, please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Simulator-tab. Enable 'Enforce immediate fills' and click OK. Subsequently check if orders execute at the price you submit them.

Leave a comment:

• Andor1999
    started a topic Position price always more than buy price.

Position price always more than buy price.

Hello,

I'm still learning NinjaTrader. (who isn't)
    The Control Center reports a buy price of 26.00 with no commission, but the chart and the Chat Trader Entry field show my position as 26.50.
    What do I have to do to have Chart Trader reflect my actual buy price?

Thanks.

Andor

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post chbruno
by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
6 responses