• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on loading chart data

ZN 12-14 contract

630pm ARIZONA time

IQFeed

Upon opening this contract's chart I received this: "Error on loading chart data for ZN 12-14 Globex: E,Unknown Server Error code 0"

Please advise.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please shut down your PC then reboot your modem, restart your PC and let me know if you can then load your charts successfully.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The suggested resolution worked at the time of post. Now, however, it is not working. I rebooted my modem and restarted my PC, but the following error presents.

"Error on loading chart data for CL 11-14 Nymex: E, Invalid Symbol"

CL 11-14 End date: 10/10/14
      IQFeed
      Time of occurrence: 230p AZ time

Comment

Can you tell me what time interval you have selected and the number of days you are attempting to load so I may further assist.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
          Can you tell me what time interval you have selected and the number of days you are attempting to load so I may further assist.

5 days of tick data. I know it is during peak hours, but I should be able to obtain this amount of data at the present time.

thanks!

Comment

Please reset your instruments with the steps I have provided below:
            • Disconnect
            • Tools
            • Options
            • Data tab
            • Reset Instruments

Next use the steps I have provided below to delete your cache:
            • Close NinjaTrader
            • Documents
            • NinjaTrader 7
            • Open the db folder
            • Delete the cache folder
            • Open NinjaTrader
            • Connect

Comment

I have followed all of the steps here. I am getting the following error message.

"Error on loading chart data for '$GBPUSD' Default': IB: NinjaTrader has reached an IB limitation for historical data requests. IB may reject all historical data requests for the next five minutes: Historical Market Data Service error message: Historical data request pacing violation"

This is been happening for about two days with forex pairs that i try to pull up. I have tried to reduce the "Days to Load inside of Data Series settings and this did not help.

Can you help? I am on the trial version but yes I do have an account with IB and I was connecting ok at one time and trading with sim101 account.

Comment

Interactive Brokers imposes a limit in the amount of data you can request at a time from their servers. When this limit is breached, you receive that error message.

The only way around this would be to request less data or request data less often or connect to a provider that does not have this limitation.

If you are looking for a data provider for historical data I recommend using Kinetick: (Our Preferred Data Feed Service Built Specifically for NinjaTrader 7) which provides historical Tick, Minute and Daily data for Equities, Futures and Forex.

www.kinetick.com

Comment

ok, By signing up for Kinetick. Will this have any barring on me using Interactive Brokers as my broker and trading from charts?

Comment

This would not cause any issues using IB as your broker and submitting orders in any window in NinjaTrader.

When connecting to Kinetick and your broker, you have some options...

1. Connect to Kinetick first then to your broker. This setup will get all live and historical data from Kinetick, and still allow you to execute trades to your broker.
                    2. Or, connect to your broker first, then to Kinetick, with historical data disabled on your broker. This will allow you to get live data from your broker, and all historical data from Kinetick, and will also use Kinetick as a backup.

More on this topic at: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 07:24 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by cocoescala, 10-12-2018, 11:02 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes