Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data daily - min do not match

Hello,

I have on USDJPY (fxcm) the bar of today prices different from the 15min chart.

Please see the attached screenshot where in the daily chart (upper chart) there is the current day like a doji with a high of 116,97.

You can see in the minute chart below that this price has not been true today.
    How can this occur, because high of day was 116,36.

Even when you can not see the price of high of today in the y-axis you can see that in the daily it is higher than yesterday, but this is not so in the 15 minute chart below.

Both are set to 24/5.

Thanks
    Tony
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonynt; 11-17-2014, 06:21 AM. Reason: translating error

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

If the minute chart's Session Template is changed back to the '<Use Instrument Settings>' option do OHLC values within the chart match up?

To change the Session Template setting please right click in the chart and select Data Series. Session Template is found in the list of properties on the right side of this menu.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kyle,

thank you for your reply. I have done so and now its OK. But because of this there appears other questions now:

How can I trust in the charts I see? What do I have to do so that I can trust in the charts? Why does this happen? Why can there be this issue when settings are 24/5 (as this is "all time")?

Thanks
      Tony

Comment

Hello,

I'm happy to hear that this has done the trick for you.

Please be aware that changes to Session Template will have no effect on daily bars. Daily bars will use the instrument's default session template only. As a result, you must be sure to select the same template setting if you will be comparing intraday data to daily bars.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. But when the 15min chart was set to 24/5 why are there missing bars obviously and they are only plotted when selecting use instruments setting? This is not logically as 24/5 is "all day and night". How can there be a lack of bars?? I mean if one would select some different session template with a share of the day, this would be logically. But when already set to 24/5 this is not to understand??

Thanks
          Tony

Comment

Hello,

I would recommend that you compare the hours of the Default 24/5 and Forex session templates within the Session Manager as this should answer your question. The Session Manager window can be loaded via the Tools > Session Manager command.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your post.

a.) when using 24/5 in all charts why to compare with Forex session templates? I dont have forex session template on any chart. And the 24/5 shows GMT -05.00. Why to compare with something not used?

b.) my question was why in the 15 min chart with 24/5 there are not plotted all bars?

??

Thanks
              Tony

Comment

Hello Tony,

1.) Your daily forex charts use only their default setting which would be the Forex session template. As I'd mentioned earlier, daily bar sessions are set at the server and will not be effected by a change of session template settings within a daily chart.

2.) Your Default 24/5 template excludes weekends data which is unlike the Forex template.

Comment

Hello,

I try it again and I want to begin with "I know that 24/5 excludes weekends, thats why its 24/5 and not 24/7"

My question was: WHY HAS BEEN THERE A LACK OF BARS (ON MONDAY WITH SESSION "24/5" AS MONDAY IS NOT WEEKEND)? WHY HAVE THERE BEEN THE MISSING BARS ONLY WHEN CHANGING FROM "24/5" (which includes Mondays) TO "USE INSTRUMENTS SETTINGS"? ("24/5" that includes Mondays shouldnt have less minutes, ticks, data, bars as "use instruments settings")

THANK YOU!

Tony
                  Last edited by tonynt; 11-17-2014, 02:29 PM. Reason: clearify question

Comment

Tony,

It is precisely because weekends are excluded that you're not seeing the same data. Please review the Forex session template and you will see that the first bar of the week includes some data from Sunday as it is set to open at 5:00 PM EST Sunday.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes