Tick chart scale not updating with new tick bar when left alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick chart scale not updating with new tick bar when left alone

Sometimes when a tick chart is left alone for an extended period, I notice that the scale of the chart is not updating according to the new bars. The attached chart shows the scale below most of the new bars from 11/18 still is still all bunched up.

Additionally I think this is also causing new drawing objects to sometimes "misbehave" when being drawn and/or not staying in place after restarting NT7.
    Attached Files

Hi Softturbo,

It looks like the Y-axis of the chart in the screenshot is scaled correctly -- am I correct in assuming that it's the X-axis that is giving you trouble? It appears that the chart in your screenshot has been manually scrolled to the left, which will set it to be in a fixed range. If you were to scroll or scale the horizontal axis, then leave your charts for a while, they would be in the same fixed position when you returned.

You can avoid this by clicking the arrow in the top-right corner of your chart (it looks like a Play button), which will return the chart to auto-scrolling as new bars come in. Any time you see that arrow in the top-right corner, it will indicate that the chart is in a fixed position on the X-axis.

Please let me know if I can assist further,
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Dave,

Yes, the problem is with the x-axis. I did manually scroll the chart to the left to leave so "fillable space" on the right. I did not set the right margin property instead because if I did that, then the bars will not actually fill in to the empty space as it's created.

I understand that NT7 is designed to set a fixed range on scrolling. But that doesn't mean that it is acceptable to have the new bars created after the scrolling to all have incorrect timestamps (as seen on the x-axis). As each new bar is created, the x-axis must be updated to correctly reflect the time when the new bar was formed.

And beside the current behavior being incorrect, it's also causing potential problems with drawing object that make use of those new bars as I mentioned above. So I really think the incorrect timestamps problem on tick charts after scrolling really needs to be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Softturbo View Post
        Hi Dave,

Yes, the problem is with the x-axis. I did manually scroll the chart to the left to leave so "fillable space" on the right. I did not set the right margin property instead because if I did that, then the bars will not actually fill in to the empty space as it's created.

I understand that NT7 is designed to set a fixed range on scrolling. But that doesn't mean that it is acceptable to have the new bars created after the scrolling to all have incorrect timestamps (as seen on the x-axis). As each new bar is created, the x-axis must be updated to correctly reflect the time when the new bar was formed.

And beside the current behavior being incorrect, it's also causing potential problems with drawing object that make use of those new bars as I mentioned above. So I really think the incorrect timestamps problem on tick charts after scrolling really needs to be fixed.

I also see something similar on my untouched charts.

The bottom time scale will not adjust and appear hours off.( 3 minute chart).

Comment

Hi Softturbo,

Please try to recreate your chart with no templates or indicators applied, and see if the problem persists.

If it does, please send a copy of your workspace file to [email protected], so that we may look further into what may be causing the issue. You can send the workspace file directly through NinjaTrader by clicking Help > Mail to Platform Support, then checking the box titled "Workspace files and UI Settings." Please reference ticket # 1198285.

Thank you,
          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
          117 responses
          1 like
          Last Post jculp
          by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM