MyDocuments/NT7 data files location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyDocuments/NT7 data files location

I just installed NT7 on a second computer (laptop) so that I can use NT when I'm on the road. To access my workspaces, I'd like to move the My Documents/NT7 folder to Dropbox so that both computers are always accessing/updating the latest version of the workspaces (only one computer would be in use at a time, so no conflict issues).

I know I can move the entire My Documents folder inside Dropbox, but that's way more data than my Dropbox account has storage for. Plus it's more than I want to have syncing on a regular basis.

I could manually transfer the contents of the NT7 folder from my desktop to Dropbox, then put all that in the NT7 folder on my laptop before my trip and then reverse that on my return. That might be the best option, but it's rather clunky, so I figured I'd check if there are any alternative solutions.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you want to transfer everything to another PC such as settings, templates, ect. the best way is to create a backup file and transfer this to restore on the other PC. Once your Backup file has been created it can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup.

More information about creating a Backup and how to Restore can be found at the link I have provided below:

After the Restore has been completed be sure to restart NinjaTrader.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes