Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DT buying power not appearing?

Hello,

I have a question regarding the "buying power" display in the Control Center for my TD Ameritrade account. In Ninjatrader, I'm correctly seeing the cash value, but under buying power I see a number the same as TD's "funds available for trading" (nearly the same as the cash value) and not the 4x multiplier of day trading buying power. I have, however, just recently funded my account, if that has any effect on the buying power showing up correctly in NT.

Is this just how the buying power shows up in the application? Is it possible to get it to show up correctly, or should I just disregard the NT value and go by what TD tells me on the brokerage website? I just want to make sure that I don't run into issues placing a trade that goes beyond cash value into DTBP, when the broker shows DTBP but NT doesn't.

Hello nickslad,

Thanks for your post.

NinjaTrader will only display this value as supplied by your broker. Nothing could be done to change this in NinjaTrader. It may update after completing a full trade. This value should not affect your orders on the NinjaTrader end however. Any buying power limitations would be on the broker end. You may want to contact your broker to verify your buying power also.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

My understanding was that NinjaTrader is showing whatever the broker supplies, so this is more or less what I figured to the be the case. I have done some small test trades to verify that everything is working, though the value didn't change. Better to cover my bases before entering a large trade to avoid any surprises!

I will get in touch with my broker to verify.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post chbruno