Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually Closed Trades Not Showing

Hello,

When I have an ATM running and close it out manually, the realized profit or loss does not show in proper column. This occurs in SIM and Cash mode. The executions show up but the trades do not show up in Account Performance or in the Strategy Columns. This occurs in both 6.0 and 6.5. Thanks.

Hi,

Have you tried generating a report in the Account Performance section? Please do this and then take a look at the Trades tab in this section.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I have check the trades in the performance section and the trades that were closed by the close button in the Chart Trader are missing. They do not show any gain or loss in the Strategies section and are not showing up in the trades section. The executions are correct but not the trades. It is hard to use the performance section when some of my trades don't show up.

Comment

Have you tried rebooting?

Otherwise try repairing your database. Go to Tools--> Options--> Misc tab--> Repair DB.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did a repair DB and a reboot. The problem is still there. If the trade is exited by hitting the target it shows in the realized profit column and on the Trades page. If I hit Close to exit a trade it shows a zero in the Realized Column and no trade is shown on the trades page.. Any other ideas?

Comment

Please see if the issue is the same when you reboot tomorrow.

If so please send a note to support AT ninjatrader DOT com with all of the details.
            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also have an apparent problem in this area...in sim mode...in the Control center on the Strategies tab, the Realized Profit will often not show after stop or manual exit, however Realized Loss seems to always show...just tried repairing the DB...did not make a difference there..seems profit will show on the Accounts tab OK though...

Thanks...
              Last edited by Alfred; 06-29-2009, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
                Also have an apparent problem in this area...in sim mode...in the Control center on the Strategies tab, the Realized Profit will often not show after stop or manual exit, however Realized Loss seems to always show...just tried repairing the DB...did not make a difference there..seems profit will show on the Accounts tab OK though...

Thanks...

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please try unchecking "Group trades by ATM Strategy" in the Account Performance tab and then hitting the "Generate" button?

Do they now show up?
                Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi...already had the Group trades box unchecked...after hitting Generate no difference seen on the Strategies tab...

Comment

Hi...already had the Group trades box unchecked...after hitting Generate no difference seen on the Strategies tab...
                    Please make sure you are on the latest version of NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.11. You can check under Help --> About.
                    If not, please download from this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/do...g_software.htm

Test after the upgrade and let me know if the issue persists. If so, can you reproduce the issue?

If yes, please tell me the steps so I can test.

Thank you!

Comment

An unrealized profit as it developes will show OK on the Strategies tab, but upon exit Realized shows $0.00....though ocassionally the Realized will show OK...

Thanks

Comment

OK...have 6.5.1000.10 now...will update & let you know what happens...

Thanks...

Comment

OK..installed latest NT version 11...still works the same way...no profit showing in Realized on Strategies tab after exit...Accounts and Account performance tabs work OK though...

Let me know what steps you need to reproduce...

Thanks...

Comment

OK..installed latest NT version 11...still works the same way...no profit showing in Realized on Strategies tab after exit...Accounts and Account performance tabs work OK though...

Let me know what steps you need to reproduce...

Thanks...
                            I tested and this is expected. The reason is when you hit the close button, this is NOT part of your strategy, so any realized PnL is NOT shown in the Strategies tab.

For example, if one of your targets is hit, the realized PnL will show. If you then hit close, your realized PnL for any contracts closed are not included as part of that strategy, so are not shown.

Comment

Here is a link to a video on the situation...let me know if you need more info...

Thanks

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post gbourque  
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby