Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Questions about Market Analyzer using a custom Indicator

1)

in order to generate my columns accurately, it sems I need to supply a sufficently large enough bars back value.

This means the numbers pop up a bit slowly, ... changing to the number value for each cell

I'm just wondering if this will cause any problems with performance of the rest of ninjatrader or is there anything else related to this that I should be aware of?

2)

What does Properties > General > # of bars to look back do ?

is it just for default for ... e.g. High Low Close columns?

but it has no effect in my custom columns based on indicators, right? they just use the bars back value in their own definitions, correct?
    Last edited by NinjaCustomer; 11-23-2014, 10:07 AM.

BUG Report

btw, I noticed a small bug.. nothing major but can confuse the user when looking at the Market Analyzer.

1) add some columns to a M.A. based on an Indicator.
    Close the workspace

2) if you rename the plot names in the indicator source file
    e.g. abcPlot1, abcPlot2 to _abcPlot1, _abcPlot2

so now you have different Plot names

3) reopen the workspace
    now the M.A. will show some numbers in the columns but I'm not sure what those numbers mean.

The columns for the indicator are based on old names for the plots, so simply the user must go into the properties to change the plots used to the new names.

But the reason I call it a bug is that NT doesn't inform the user that the plots could not be found. Please make an error dialog. So the user is left scratching his head what happened until he figures it out. Error dialog would make things quicker.

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your post.

1. You can take a look at our Performance Tips for information on items to improve performance: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

2. The right click > Properties > # of bars to look back, would be the default to set. Set this, then apply an indicator and notice how the # of bars to look back for the indicator is the same as set under Properties.

3. I will forward your suggestion to our development team. This would be expected as the set plot was saved and then the code was changed making the plot invalid.

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # SFT 198.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno