Is it possible to trade the SP500 index at $1 a point in Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to trade the SP500 index at $1 a point in Ninjatrader

I ask because I need to trade a small account first before moving on to contracts which are higher risk at $50 per point.
    I like trading the SP500 its just the right market for me and I'm using a Spreadbetting account with City Index in London. I would prefer to do this on the Ninjatrader platform instead.

Thanks,

REdMercury.

RedMercury,

Thank you for your post.

You would not be able to change the price of the instrument as these are set by the Exchange in the cost.

If you need more information about the pricing I would recommend that you contact your broker for this.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by RedMercury View Post
      I ask because I need to trade a small account first before moving on to contracts which are higher risk at $50 per point.
      I like trading the SP500 its just the right market for me and I'm using a Spreadbetting account with City Index in London. I would prefer to do this on the Ninjatrader platform instead.

Thanks,

REdMercury.
      Being a fellow Brit (as I assume you are!), I may be able to help you as the language of spread betting is unknown in the US (as is spread betting itself).

Is the minimum with City really $50 per point? It also matters what you mean by a 'point'.

Anyway, if you opened an account with a US broker, you could trade the e-mini where the a point (worth $50 per contract) is split into 4 ticks of $12.50, so that's the minimum increment - and you can almost always use Ninja directly. (Of course, profits would be taxable - unlike spread betting).

Anyway, there is an indirect route to using Ninja with City Index. I'm pretty sure they offer MT4. Now may I direct you to this link:

You'll see that Littelfish offer an "MT4 / NinjaTrader Bridge", meaning you can get Ninja to 'compute' your trades and the bridge enters the orders via MT4. There's a 7 day free trial. You'll also need to a pretty nifty PC to handle both platforms.

You would need your own feed into Ninja, whose data may not be identical to City's own data (but would be very close).

I haven't used this myself yet (so I can't recommend it) but I'm considering doing so.

Littelfish are very good at responding to questions if you have any.

Hope this helps and please post again if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Ed

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses