Market Analyzer freezes on Ok but not Close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer freezes on Ok but not Close

Does anyone know why the Market Analyzer freezes ninjatrader when I press OK after changing a setting.. this has happened twice in a row ( I had to force close the application after so many minutes of being frozen)

However... if I press Apply first and watch the ... s appear, then it is ok. I can after that press Ok and get out of there. It is calculating but doesn't take more than about 20 seconds to calculate all the cells. Definitely not something that should freeze ninjatrader solid for such a long time.

I can;t remember if both times I was on the Properties dialog or if it was Properties and columns dialog as well that froze. Regardless I think they probably work the same way after ok is pressed, they recalculate the grid.
    Last edited by NinjaCustomer; 11-26-2014, 02:21 PM.

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for your post.

I am unsure why Apply would work but OK would not if you did not Apply first.
    I would recommend trying to rebuild the Market Analyzer adding back one item at a time and testing to see if this item returns.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Seems I was wrong, it just happened yesterday on Apply also.

The whole ninjatrader freezes.. After button is pressed, the dialog is still there.. there is no loss of any paint on any ninjatrader window.. it is just everything is not moving anymore and you can't click any ninjatrader window. totally unresponsive.

I have custom indicators I made in the Market Analyzer and there are about 20 symbols.. so 20x5 indicator rows = 100 indicator of my custom indicator calcuations going on.

But often it works and calculates fast enough. Ok calculation not instant but I don't have to wait too long to see the numbers, (provided it doesn't freeze after pressing ok or apply)

Comment

I noticed one glaring inneficiency in the code, so hopefully now this doesn't happen anymore...

but strange that it would occur only some of the time, not all of the time.That's probably what confused me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes