Plot Trades on NinjaTrader Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Trades on NinjaTrader Chart

I am currently using NinjaTrader for my Charts (SIM Account) and execute my trades as normal thru my Interactive Brokers Platform.

Is there a way to "add" my trades to Ninjatarder Charts using my execution data from IB ?

I know i can do save chart as Image and can manually draw on it with paint etc. But i wondered if there was an automatic way of doing it ? e..g via script or something ?

Thanks.

Hello Ntasb21,

Thank you for your note.

In order to create this automatically, you would need to be able to read the execution data being made from IB and then you can take that data and use DrawObjects in the code to place them on the chart.

If you were to connect to your IB account through NinjaTrader and get your account, this would be handled by the charts themselves.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Plot Trades on NT Chart

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
      Hello Ntasb21,

Thank you for your note.

In order to create this automatically, you would need to be able to read the execution data being made from IB and then you can take that data and use DrawObjects in the code to place them on the chart.

If you were to connect to your IB account through NinjaTrader and get your account, this would be handled by the charts themselves.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      Thanks for your reply.
      Just to ensure I understand.

yes, I can start up Ninjatrader...and can connect to the IB datafeed.
      If I bring up a Chart in Ninjatrader : Would I still need to code up some Ninjascript to add the trade markers to the Chart ? I presume the Chart won't do this automatically as I have not placed the trade using NinjaTrader.

And if do need to create some code, is there some pointers or a smiliar thread on how to do this to get started ?

Thanks.

Comment

Ntasb21,

Are you connecting to the live account and can you select the live account from the drop down on the chart trader?

Additionally, I look for a similar thread, but please note that this kind of programming is unsupported with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
          Ntasb21,

Are you connecting to the live account and can you select the live account from the drop down on the chart trader?

Additionally, I look for a similar thread, but please note that this kind of programming is unsupported with NinjaTrader.
          Hello.

Yes I am connecting to my Live Account on IB for datafeed for Ninja Charts.
          But I have ninja on SIM, so i cannot select a live account from the dropdown. That is my point in fact...If i was on Live trading ninja then i could use charttrader.

I just want a way of marking on trades on Ninjatrader Charts after the event. I can do it via paint for example, but that would be manual.

Comment

Ntasb21,

Here's what would need to happen. The Executions data from the IB would need to be recorded to an external file of some kind, a text file would be preferred.

You could then use the StreamReader to read the lines from the text file for the executions and then use that data to pass through the draw objects to place on the chart.

This reference sample would get you started on a StreamReader. As for the IB side, I'm not sure how this would be accomplished. You may want to send an inquiry to IB about exporting execution data.
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3476

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses