• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imported post

Yes, a couple of times. Why?

Comment

imported post

Try not using the crosshair. We did resolve a memory leak issue with the cross hair. This is for V6. I am curious if not using the cross hair would make a difference.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

OK, I'll try again on Monday when the Euro starts again. I don't recall a connection between the two though...

thanks,

Antraman

Comment

imported post

Antraman wrote:
          I think it is related to using a computer that has an integrated video graphics card. This means that the motherboard memory is shared with the graphics processor.
          I'm having similar issues with NT regarding heavy mem usage. I haven'texperienced it to the levels your describing, however I only run a dome for ES plus an 80 Tick chart (2 days backfill) and two indicators (boll bands and stochastics). When I start up in the morning it runs between 50-68K and creeps upward all day, usually by mkt close it is running at between 110-130K.

NT charting has come a long way.With a few more improvements here and thereI think I will be able to ditch my other charting platform but the current levels of mem usage are definately a concern.

Have youseem any improvementrunning it ona more powerful computer with a dedicated graph card? The reason I ask is becauseI have a NVIDIAQuadro Card and 1.5G of ram so I am not sure if that is your problem. I also noticed flickering, but to a minimal extent (basically the Link button on NT windows disappear and reappear when clicking back and forth between different NT windows and other apps). I'm not sure if this is related to a video card or not because I observed it on two different machines, this one and another one with an intergrated card.

Attached Files

Comment

imported post

a) on mem usage: Please try disabled cross hair. Does it make a difference?
            b) link button flickering: not related to your video card nor related to mem or cpu usage. This is "standard" behaviour since link button painting is outside the scope of regular .NET painting (link button is on caption bar). We have not yet found a way to get around it.

Comment

imported post

Dierk Droth wrote:
              a) on mem usage: Please try disabled cross hair. Does it make a difference?
              b) link button flickering: not related to your video card nor related to mem or cpu usage. This is "standard" behaviour since link button painting is outside the scope of regular .NET painting (link button is on caption bar). We have not yet found a way to get around it.
              A) No I don't particulary use crosshairs, but I read before to stay away from them until V6 so I will keep that in mind

B) I see.I should add that through experimenting Ifound the screen flickering was not really related to NT more so when I run too many graphic intensive programs. Thank you for the explanation.

Comment

imported post

I'm still having problems with Ninja crashing, giving "Falied to execute DB job error" messages. I haven't been using the crosshairs.

I've tried freeing up CPU and Mem resources by closing down other programs running in system tray etc. whichseems to help, however it really only prolongs the inevitable.

I get some respite by minimising all windows then maximising them again, which instantly reduces Mem usage to below 10MB, but it slowly creeps up again.

I get about an hour or two trouble free trading, then the DB errors. Mostly I remember to min/max all windows all windows, but when market action gets busy or at a crucial point, you can't afford to be thinking about your memory usage...and sometimes I've been caught.

I do hope this problem is understood, and sorted for v6.

cheers,

Antraman

Comment

imported post

1) "Failed to execute DB job error" is not related to any chart functionaility. Did you try Tools->Options->Misc->Repair DB?
                  2) Mem usage you exerienced (< 10 MB) is caused by windows swapping logic. NT (as a process) still is using "its" memory, however it got swapped to disk and thus "Mem usage" went down.

Comment

imported post

Hi Dierk,

re:
                    >1) "Failed to execute DB job error" is not related to any chart functionaility.

Thats not what I have observed. If I just have a DOM open the mem usage does not go very high, but as soon as I add charts, the rate of mem usage increases dramatically.

>Did you try Tools->Options->Misc->Repair DB?

Yes, I tried that, and other things like reset account, deleted the mdb files, started all over again. I tried removing various indicators on charts, put other ones on. It seems there is no particualr tool or indicator that is to blame, just an endemic problem in the system when you have more windows open and more indicators...then the more the mem usage increases, and the quicker it crashes...

cheers,

Antraman

Comment

imported post

1) Although your statement about mem usage going up as you open chart is correct, the error you experienced is not related to mem usage nor charts (to the best of my knowledge). Please let me know if and how you can reproduce.
                      2) Did you check for right version of Jet and MDAC software: http://www.ninjatrader.com/web/tradi...ationguide.htm
                      3) What windows version are you on?
                      4) How much RAM does your machine have and how much mem do you still have available when NT is running?

Thanks

Comment

imported post

1) Although your statement about mem usage going up as you open chart is correct, the error you experienced is not related to mem usage nor charts (to the best of my knowledge).

I can prevent DB errors by regularly minimising then maximising all windows together, this keeps the mem usage down.

Please let me know if and how you can reproduce.

I can reproduce anytime. I have open:
                        1) Control Centre
                        2) DOM x 2
                        3)120min bar chart - 45 days, with Bollingers and volume
                        4)30min bar chart - 15 days, with Bollingers and volume, Previous day OHLC
                        5)5min candles - 4-5 days, with Bollingers, MACD, Stoch, pivots, OHLC, splitVOL
                        6)1min bar chart - 1-2 day, with Bollingers, some SMA's, MACD, stoch., split vol and pivots, OHLC

Running 2 monitors, 1028x768 and 1600x1200 on 2.66GHz Pentium 4 with Radeon 128MB onboard graphics chip.

2) Did you check for right version of Jet and MDAC software: http://www.ninjatrader.com/web/tradi...ationguide.htm

As far as I can ascertain, they are the latest.

3) What windows version are you on?

XP Pro service pack 2 upgrade

4) How much RAM does your machine have and how much mem do you still have available when NT is running?

It has 1GB installed. Ninja usually crashes when mem usage is around 300MB.

Thanks0

Comment

imported post

1) On your charts: Which interval are you using? 1 min? else?
                          2) As you get a crash there usally is more info available on sub-windows. Can you please post this information into here or send a mail to support (and refer to this thread).

Thanks

Comment

imported post

Intervals on charts are shown below in previous post.

The sub window messages include 'ExecuteInsertJob', 'AccountUpdateJob' 'StrategyUpdateJob' all unspecified errors.

When the problem occurs, I seem to get 4-5 error messages for each order. For example, if I have an order in place, then the problem occurs, everytime there is a change to the orders on the DOM, like a trailing stop moving, or a target filled, stop filled, or placing another order etc.,, each order made will get a series of 4-5 error boxes, each saying:

Failed to execute DB job error: 'ExecuteInsertJob' unspecified error
                            Failed to execute DB job error: 'AccountUpdateJob' unspecified error
                            Failed to execute DB job error: 'StrategyUpdateJob' unspecified error

It seems that at a certain point, either NT, or the system gets overloaded, and NT is unable to write all the order details to the DB. I can still make orders on the DOM, but I get that scary warning sound and about 10-15 error boxes popup over my charts, which I have to close out one after the other. (erros boxes, not charts).

When this happens, I can only stop it occurring again by closing all positions, exiting NT and starting again.

It appears several others are also receiving same errors:

http://ninjatrader.mywowbb.com/view_...led+to+execute
                            http://ninjatrader.mywowbb.com/view_...led+to+execute

cheers,

Antraman

Comment

imported post

>>>Intervals on charts are shown below in previous post.
                              Sorry, did overlook that.

Other posts you referred to are different, since they are strategy storage related only. Your issues appears on allmost any DB-managed object (apart from orders). Also: I hadn't a report on these issues for months.

- Which instruments do you have on your charts/DOMs?
                              - How have you setup your strategies? (targets, stops ...)
                              - Which provider are you connected to?
                              - I suppose you are on most current NT version?
                              >>>It has 1GB installed. Ninja usually crashes when mem usage is around 300MB.
                              - How much RAM is available at that point in time?
                              You can contact me at [email protected].

My idea is to setup your scenario and let it run for a while on a test machine -> need complete setup info.

Thanks

Comment

imported post

Will send a pm with more details.

> - How much RAM is available at that point in time?

Not sure what you mean by this, or how I should check it...

cheers,

Antraman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aussugardefender  
                                Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM