Collapse

Almost all of my chart objects were deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On NQ, 12-14. I've been exclusively on that one for months now. And I didn't switch it or anything like that when doing the backtesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ra1den View Post
      On NQ, 12-14. I've been exclusively on that one for months now. And I didn't switch it or anything like that when doing the backtesting.
      In that case, there is a small chance that you can recover all your drawings as at the last time that you advanced to a new contract month.

Here is how:
      1. Under your NT user directory, go to the ..\templates\GlobalChartObject subdirectory/folder.
      2. There should be files named after the contracts where you had GlobalChartObjects.
      3. In this case, the relevant one would be NQ 09-14.xml.
      4. Shut down NinjaTrader, then copy that file and rename it based on the current contract: so it will be renamed to NQ 09-12.xml. If that latter file already exists, you can save it to another name. It should not matter, as it is probably fubar anyway, but you can save it with a view to using it for grabbing information.
      5. Restart NinjaTrader, and you should see all your GlobalObjects that existed as at the last time that your charts were on the NQ 09-14 contract.

Unfortunately, you will not see any object drawn since.

While it is possible to amalgamate the various files, with a view to retrieving all drawn objects, that requires one to understand the structure of the xml schema that is being used. YMMV on that one.

Comment

Wow, that's really clever. In this case I'd end up losing more than I'd get back...but that's a great trick to know for the future. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
        24 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post spwizard  
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238