Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

40 minutes of missing tick data two days in a row.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 minutes of missing tick data two days in a row.

Hi Ninja.

Yesterday and today I have experienced missing tick data. Both days from 9.19 AM to 10.00 AM EST. There is just no tick data. My instruments is NQ, YM, ES and 6E, and is the same on all of them. If I change to a time based period, everything is back to normal. Its also true on a clean new chart with no indicators. I have done a Reset DB and a Repair DB with no luck, and reloaded everything more than once.
    My data provider is Kinetick and Continuum. The session template is looking fine, and this happens even if I change to default 24/7 session template. The thing is that I'm not home when it happens, so I can see what is going on. But even if I lost my internet connection in those 40 minutes, I should be able to reload tick data, right?
    I'm using market profile, so the problem is messing up my daily value area. Not good...
    Any suggestions?

Best regards

Torben

Hello Torben,

Thank you for your post.

So when you right click in the Tick chart and select Reload All Historical Data, does it correct the missing data?

Are you seeing disconnects throughout the day?

Please refer to the following link for information on when NinjaTrader loads historical data: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Comment

Hi Patrick. I don't experience disconnects on normal circumstances, but when things happens fast it does lose connection from time to time. It's not that often though.

When I reload (F5) it reloads, but it does not fix the problem.

I have attached my trace file from the last two days, so you can see what happens.

Regards.
      Torben
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 12-03-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Hello Torben,

Thank you for your response.

Please shut down NinjaTrader > then go to the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db > delete the cache folder in the db folder > restart NinjaTrader and check the missing data again,

Comment

Okay - this is embarrassing. I didn't use the right click menu, but relied on my memory - which apparently is bad... I thought that F5 was reload everything. Its not...

SO, pressing the right menu item did solve my problem. How stupid is that...

Sorry for the trouble Patrick - and thanks for helping me!

Best regards

Torben

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post alifarahani  
          Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          3 responses