Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not log in anymore

Hey Guys,
    Had NinjaTrader up and running for awhile now. No changes in the computer or anything, I just get a message "Disconnect enforced by 2nd login to same account" and I find I'm disconnected (Continuum). I've restarted the program, rebooted the computer, cycled the routers and I'm still not able to reconnect, keep getting "Unable to connect to remote server (No error)" on the log. Can forward entire log if that's what you need.
    All other internet connections are fine, have even been able to connect to end of day Kinetic. Please advise.
    Thanks

Hello Decoda,

Our data provider CQG, which is the underlying technology for Continuum, has reported that this message is incorrect. They are working on a solution to resolve this incorrect message. We apologize for any inconvenience

There was a server reset for the weekend which logs out all active connections.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cal,
      Thanks for the info. I have since been able to get back online, but was nervous that this would happen
      in the middle of the trading day; in which case I wanted to know a resolution. It sounds like it was intentional and scheduled for off hours, so hopefully no need to worry in the future.
      Thanks

Comment

This just happened to me too. With a handful of strategies running, the Continuum connection logged me off.

Log entry: 3:01:24PM | Connection | NT Continuum: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=Connected

I searched the log to see what happened, and found an entry that kind of explains it:

Log entry: 3:01:15PM | Default | NT Continuum: Your session is about to close.

So at least it was intentional. This is a demo account trading against the CQG demo/simulated exchange, which I'm using to test strategies on NTB/Continuum before going live. But this provides no comfort about the robustness of the connection, when I go live. If it's an intentional server reset/logoff (sounds like IB), that's a real bummer - that wreaks all sorts of havoc on strategies and performance measurements and stability.

So, a few questions:

> How often have other people seen their Continuum connection just disconnect?
        > More specifically, are folks who have Continuum on NT Brokerage accounts seeing an intentional logoff, or is this just for demo accounts?

Thanks in advance for any answers. Feeling a little jittery about going live if this is a common thing with NT Brokerage / CQG / Continuum...
        Last edited by Icehouse; 01-08-2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

CQG has taken the demo servers offline for maintenance and upgrades. They will be available again at 3:30PM Eastern time on Sunday January 10th.

This only applies to demo accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            CQG has taken the demo servers offline for maintenance and upgrades. They will be available again at 3:30PM Eastern time on Sunday January 10th.

This only applies to demo accounts.
            Patrick (and all NT support folks, including @NinjaTrader_Ray),

This is nothing short of amazing support. I posted my question 17 minutes ago in a forum, and got a clear, definitive, courteous answer from the moderator/supporters. Are you kidding me? It took me longer than that to dig into my issue and write the post! Amazing, and this has been my consistent experience with NT for some time.

Upgrades are fine, the window makes sense, and all is (now) good. I need the weekend breather, anyway! This kind of responsiveness is one big reason NT and its brokerage are so compelling (and a primary reason I'm opening an account) - and I've worked with a few others. Thank you!
            Last edited by Icehouse; 01-08-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin