Chart has no clue that a new day has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart has no clue that a new day has begun

Hello, I'm evaluating Ninjatrader using the broker "Clear Corretora".

I had a open chart for WIN Symbol (Bovespa Futures Mini) and I kept it open during the night. In the next morning, I saw that the chart was being updated in a wrong timeframe for the bars.

The bars of today, for example, is being updated as 6:00PM+ of yesterday. The chart, it seems, has no clue that a new day has begun.

How to solve this issue? I would like to keep charts open more than a day and also code my strategies to keep alive more than one day.

I'm using default configuration of WIN Symbol supplied by Ninjatrader.

Thanks for your time.

Hi, thanks for your post.

First, ensure you have your PC clock set to the appropriate time zone for your location. Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov:

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Next, right-click on the background of your chart and then left-click on 'Data Series'. On the list of properties on the right, look for the option 'Session template'. If you change the value of this property to 'Default 24/7', does your chart look more like you would expect?

Looking forward to your reply.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hello.

PC Datetime seems to be ok. I confirm that it is in Dec 16 today, and, if there is any gap, it is of a few seconds.

The default session template for WIN is already "Default 24/7' in Instrument Manager. No changes were made for session templates nor in Instrument Manager.

If I turn Ninjatrader off the day before and open the next day, there are no problems with the Chart. The only case the problem happens is if the Chart remains open overnight and a new session starts in the next day.
      Last edited by eslej; 12-16-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I've plugged in the same instrument in on my side a few times while connected to Clear Corretora and don't get quite the same results.

In this case, please send your log, trace, and chart data files to platforumsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. You can do this via Control Center > Help > Mail to Platform Support. Make sure you check the 'Chart data' box before clicking send. Additionally, reference the following URL in the body of the message:

Looking forward to your reply.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        5 responses
        1 like
        Last Post caryc123  
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke