Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliable super-fast, well-tested connection

Hi

Do you have any specific recommendations for a reliable, super-fast, well-tested connection ?

I am running NT on a 64-bit computer. Should I be using the 32-bit (\Applications\NinjaTrader\bin\NinjaTrader 7) or 64-bit (\Applications\NinjaTrader\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe) application?

Thanks

Hello mfouwaaz,

Thank you for your post.

If you referring to an ISP (Internet Service Provider) it will be best to find information on this for your area.

The 64 bit version is installed on PCs with a 64 bit operating system. You are still given the 32 bit version so that you can connect to data feed technologies that are only supported in 32 bit. However, you can use the 32 bit version for any of the supported data feed technologies. If your connection technology supports 64 bit you can run the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader. 64 bit applications have access to more system resources.

You can find the supported data feeds and information on the data provided and if they are supported in 64 bit at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I take it from your message that 64-bit is better since it has access to more system resources -- provided 64-bit technology is supported by all parties.

The reason I asked this was also to know whether your 64-bit conversion has been as well tested as the 32-bit version.

I am also using a wired ethernet connection and a wired keyboard and wired mouse (as opposed to wireless) to keep things simple, fast and reliable. Please let me know if there are other known best practices.

Thanks

Comment

Hello mfouwaaz,

Thank you for your response.

Every connection is supported in 32 bit, but there are a few NOT supported in 64 bit. Each version has been tested.

I do not have any other best practices. You can take a look at the risks of electronic trading at the following: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...trading_wi.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses
        1 view