Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Discrepancies on my tick charts between work and home computers... Any idea why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discrepancies on my tick charts between work and home computers... Any idea why?

I thought it'd be easier to ask this question in an image format:

Notice the dates at the bottom for the day of 12/17 and the difference between the 2 2k tick charts.

(hold control + scroll wheel if you need to zoom; probably already know that though!)

The data provider I'm using is Kinetick. Any idea why it's doing this and if there is a way to fix it? Right now I feel like I can't even correctly review the market when I get home from work later that night on my PC, because the 2k tick chart on my PC is showing a much more simplified 2k tick chart.

So far the only troubleshooting I've really done is right clicked and did "Reload All Historical Data"
    Last edited by lllusion; 12-17-2014, 08:20 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Are both PC's using the same Session Template in the chart?
    Do both PC's use the same data source?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, both use the same Kinetick connection. The laptop computer at work with the more detailed 2k tick chart is running live while the market is going subscribed via the Kinetick connection. The home PC with less details is loaded up later after all the day's action is done.

Yes, both just use the default instrument settings, which I assume to be similar to or the same as CME US Index Futures ETH.

Comment

Hello,

Please right click in the two charts and select 'Reload All Historical Data' to sync the two charts.

Comment

I don't think you saw the edit in my 1st post earlier (edited a bit too late I guess) -- but yeah, tried that and unfortunately it doesn't change anything.

Comment

Hello,

Please contact me by email at Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com so that we can set a time to review the setups with you remotely. Please include a link to this forum in your email as well so that I can identify you.

Comment

Aha! The problem almost always lies between the chair and the keyboard. I forgot to rollover to 03-15! Silly me. I changed it to 03-15 and it has all the data as it should. Thank you for such lightning fast assistance as always. NT team rocks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by FitSpressoHonest, Today, 09:14 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes