Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract rollover - Lines disappear

Hello

I am trying to rollover FDAX futures contract to 03-15 and all the drawn lines on any FDAX charts disappear when moving to FDAX 03-15.

In the same workspace I have some ES charts as well. On the ES charts when I have made the recent rollover to ES 03-15, all lines coming from ES 12-14 remained on the chart of ES 03-15.

Any suggestions about how to keep the FDAX drawn objects during future rollover?

Thanks

Hello chmarin,

Drawing objects are applied for the instrument + expiry month. If you apply a drawing object in an ES 12-14 chart, it should not show up in the ES 03-15 chart. The behavior you report as per the FDAX is unfortunately as expected. I am not sure why drawing objects display in the ES 03-15 chart. Could it be you did not manually draw the lines, but they are plotted by an indicator?

You can set drawing objects to appear in other charts that have the same instrument + expiry month as follows. Double click the drawing object to open its properties menu. Set 'Attach to' to 'instrument name (All charts)'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello

I found that if the lines are attached to "All charts" from the actual instrument (FDAX 12-14) when you switch to the next contract (FDAX 03-15), All lines then disappear.

If you change all lines to stay attached to just one of the charts (ie: FDAX 12-14: 5 min) then when you switch to the next contract (FDAX 03-15: 5 min) the lines stay on the new expiration chart.

The same is happening on ES and FDAX charts.

Comment

Yes, if you switch an existing chart, the drawing objects remain. This works on my end for the FDAX as well.

If you create a new FDAX 12-14 chart and apply a drawing object, subsequently you switch to the FDAX 03-15, do you still see the drawing object?

Comment

Yes

I just created a new FDAX 12-14 chart and apply a drawing object, when I switch to FDAX 03-15 I still see the object.

I have made all the work by hand, changing every line from "all charts" to just one chart, then moved this chart to the new expiry 03-15 and then changed every line back to "all charts" in 03-15.

I would be good to have a Mutiple selection tool for drawn objects in a future release

Thanks

Comment

I will forward the suggestion to development. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Pattontje  
            Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
            17 responses
            0 likes