Commisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commisions

Hi i would like to add commission to NT so that PnL is calculated after the cost of trading

I've added entries to the individual instruments via 'Instrument Manager' and under 'options' although i would prefer to set different level of commission depending on which contract(s) i'm trading.

However under 'Trade' in Account Performance 'Commission' is '$0.00' and 'Profit' is not reflecting these charges....

Regards
    Attached Files

Hi ryebank, thanks for your post.

First of all, make sure that the 'Apply commission to PnL calculations' option is checked. You'll find this under Control Center > Tools > Options > General tab.

Are you looking at your results on new trades or previous trades placed before setting the commission values? These calculations will only apply on new trades going forward.

In the case of setting different levels of commissions depending on which contracts you are trading, I would recommend watching this video and seeing if it helps you attain the results you're wanting to see:

NinjaTrader 7 Tips - Setting Commission Values

EDIT: Additionally, I did notice that you have your commission values mapped to 'Options' contracts. Under that same menu, you will also want to set commission values to the other types of instruments that you trade. So, if you trade Futures, you'll want to add your commission values to Futures - Interactive Brokers, for example.

Looking forward to your reply.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlexC; 12-19-2014, 12:31 PM.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Commissions with NinjaTrader Forex Brokerage via FXCM

Now that we have NinjaTrader Forex Brokerage via FXCM (thanks!!), may I clarify how setting Commissions works, please?
      My understanding is:
      • Setting "global" Commissions for all NinjaTrader Forex Brokerage pairs can be done via Tools -> Options -> Commission -> Currency - FXCM
      • Setting individual Commissions for any NinjaTrader Forex Brokerage pair can be done via Tools -> Instrument Manager -> Select Instrument -> Edit -> Misc -> FXCM
      • Individual Commissions override any global Commissions for that pair

Some questions:
      1. Is my understanding above correct? Please correct any misunderstanding on my part, thanks.
      2. In both the global settings and the individual Instrument Manager settings, there is a Simulator entry. Is it necessary to set this for Sim accounts even though one is connected to FXCM?
      3. Does NinjaTrader Forex Brokerage via FXCM support Commissions data? If not, will it in the future? If not, why not? If so, when may that be likely to be available?
      4. I am trying to obtain Commission information from trades in Sim101. I have set global commissions for FXCM. Using Performance.AllTrades.TradesPerformance.Commission always produces a zero result. Why? (May be related to the answer to Q3 above.)

Thanks!
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hi jeronymite, thanks for your post.

1. Your understanding is correct. However, if you look in the lower left-hand corner of your Control Panel while connected to FXCM, you should see one of two displays in green - "Connected - FXCM" or "Connected - NinjaTrader FXCM". In the case of "Connected - FXCM", exactly what you said is correct. In the case of "Connected - NinjaTrader FXCM", make sure to set up commissions in the relevant sections for the "NinjaTrader FXCM" provider - not the "FXCM" provider.

2. No, this would refer to the commissions applied during use of the Simulated Data Feed connection. If you are trading on your Sim101 account while connected to FXCM, your FXCM commissions will apply.

3. You might need to clarify this one, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Commissions on your platform can be set up for NinjaTrader FXCM/FXCM using what you wrote above.

4. I believe this might relate to what I wrote in my response to your first question - make sure commissions are set up for NinjaTrader FXCM, not FXCM itself, if you are using that data provider.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

NinjaTrader FXCM vs FXCM

Many thanks, Alex.

I'm assuming then that the correct provider for a NinjaTrader FX account is NinjaTrader FXCM, not FXCM. Is that right? Or can I connect to either? What is the difference?

Q3 relates to the provider actually reflecting the Commissions in the data they maintain in real-time.
          It relates to this article: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5474
          ... and this Help Documentation entry: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...counts_tab.htm

Thanks!
          Last edited by jeronymite; 04-30-2015, 08:19 PM.
          Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
          jeronymite
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hi jeronymite, thanks for your reply.

On a NinjaTrader Brokerage-enabled license key, you should only have an option for NinjaTrader FXCM (if you are running the latest version of NT). However, both NinjaTrader FXCM and FXCM connections can be connected to with NinjaTrader Brokerage-provided credentials, and I have been unable to tell a difference between the two. The biggest consideration between the two would be to make sure you have commissions set up on the particular provider that you connect to.

In terms of support for commissions data from the datafeed itself, I will forward a suggestion to the proper authority to consider adding this functionality.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
            80 responses
            5 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB