Combing Renko and Minute Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combing Renko and Minute Chart

I am trying to display a Renko and 5 Minute data series in one chart. The problem I am having is when I add a Renko data series to my 5 minute chart, the horizontal time frame gets extremely spaced out, and even when I try to make it smaller by clicking and dragging it, I can only drag it so far before it "maxes out" and can't be dragged any further.

All I want is for the Renko chart bars to conform to the time frame of my X Minute chart.

Here is what it looks like.

That is the maxium horizontal range it will allow me to drag to. As you can see, even though it is a 15 minute chart, the bars are so far apart.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This is, unfortunately, an expected consequence of mutli-series charting. Because the two series must share one time scale, the bars must be plotted as they actually occurred in real-time as opposed to being neatly spaced as you would see in a single series chart. This is referred to as 'equidistant bar spacing' and will be the case on all multi-series charts, though the effect will be more pronounced when tick based intervals such as renko are used to compare against a time based bar. While no workaround is currently possible this is something that development is working in to other ways of addressing in future versions of NinjaTrader.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Good to know. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Kaledus
      by Kaledus