CME Fees 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CME Fees 2015?

What is the story using NT through AMP with CQG? They sent me email saying I had to select if I was non pro, which I did.
    But didn't select any of the other options which charged fees.
    What does this mean? I no longer get a price feed? Then what is the point of using a broker and paying commissions for then? If I can't even see the price of the Instrument?

CME Self-Certification & Market Data Access:

Action Required by December 30th, 2014

Dear AMP Customers,

Effective January 1st, 2015, all users of real-time market data from CME Group exchanges (CME, CBOT, NYMEX, COMEX) will be required to pay market data fees. As an AMP Clearing client, you can now customize your market data subscriptions to avoid any unnecessary fees from the CME.

The majority of AMP Clearing clients qualifies as a "Non-Professional" and can select from one of the following market data subscription options:
    1. Enable data for each of the CME Group exchanges you would like to receive at a significantly reduced fee of $5/month per exchange.
    2. Enable a market data bundle which includes all four exchanges for only $15/month.
    3. Deactivate all CME Group exchange market data for your account to avoid a CME Group data fee.

To ensure your account is updated, all self-certifications and market data subscription requests must be received by Tuesday, December 30th, 2014. Due to the required processing time, submissions received following this date may not be applied to your account in advance of the January CME Group billing cycle.

Hello Mike_32

For information regards your AMP account and associated fees you will need to contact AMP.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ay Mike,

I followed all the instructions on the email. I did get the choice of my fees, then I got told AMP would promptly return my account to normal. Which it didnt. Its currently untradeable. I did all this round 5 hours ago.

THATS FIVE HOURS I"VE GONE WITHOUT A TRADE

Mike, how far did u get after you clicked on the certification link on ur e-mail.

Has any1 else made it thorugh the process and had their account fully restored and tradeable.

TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
      Last edited by cbc00; 12-27-2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbc00 View Post
        Which it didnt. Its currently untradeable. I did all this round 5 hours ago.

THATS FIVE HOURS I"VE GONE WITHOUT A TRADE

What are your trading at 9:30pm EST on a Friday night? What's open?

Oh btw, my broker had this all squared away in November. Not sure why AMP is waiting till the last minute.
        Last edited by sledge; 12-27-2014, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Opps. I thought yesterday was Friday so might explain why it appeared my account was inactive. CAUZ IT WAS THE WEEKEND!! aarf aarf!! Only realized today. I'l update tomorrow . I guess that is a downside of day-trading. U forget what each day is . I imagine AMP would have my account up and running tomorrow. Oh and sadly I'm in Australia. So I think there is quite a time difference. Ok.

Sori Sledge.

Comment

CME Data Fees

Is Ninjatrader Brokerage going to require clients to pay CME market data fees?

AMPfutures says that every nonprofessional will pay CME market data fees if they want the price data which comes thru CQG, Rithmic, etc. In other words, no trading from CME.

This might be good for Ninjatrader Brokerage if they don't charge the fees.

thanks
            Last edited by jimbo002; 12-28-2014, 11:03 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo002 View Post
              Is Ninjatrader Brokerage going to require clients to pay CME market data fees?

AMPfutures says that every nonprofessional will pay CME market data fees if they want the price data which comes thru CQG, Rithmic, etc. In other words, no trading from CME.

This might be good for Ninjatrader Brokerage if they don't charge the fees.

thanks
              CME requires traders who receive their data to pay fees thus all brokerages including NinjaTrader Brokerage is required to pass the CME fee through to our clients. We sent out this notice via two emails early this month giving our clients ample time to review the information and make their selections.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I think I need to clear up what I meant here.
                I currently use NT direct version through CQG connection with auto trading disabled.
                I currently get live quotes for free for having a funded live account I don't get any historical data or anything I get that from the NT server.
                I just use it as an order entry interface.
                Does this mean, now I have selected to NOT pay $5/$15 a month to CME, I will no longer have any live quotes of any instrument?
                So what this is, not paying for data like Historical data or clearing fees.
                This is just paying to see the price quotes of a security?
                So how on earth could anyone be able to have a funded live account if they can not see the price of the instruments to trade? How could this actually be legal?
                I thought I got the prices from CQG? Im not connecting to CME other than when I send an order for which I pay the clearing fees.
                Im very confused here.
                So now anyone who signs up for a live account with a broker to trade CME instruments, its not free?

Comment

Right, I understand now MIke. I thought u were just trying to get ur account back up and running.

I selected the $5 Cme and I still appear to get historical data. Good luck with what ur trying to do. I imagine u should still be able to get ur live pricing tho. I guess uv found that out now.

My account is back to normal. BUY! BUY! BUY!

Comment

Originally posted by cbc00 View Post
                    Right, I understand now MIke. I thought u were just trying to get ur account back up and running.

I selected the $5 Cme and I still appear to get historical data. Good luck with what ur trying to do. I imagine u should still be able to get ur live pricing tho. I guess uv found that out now.

My account is back to normal. BUY! BUY! BUY!
                    $5 is not for historical data.
                    Its simply so you can see the price of the instrument.

Comment

I chose the $5 market bundle and I still have all my historical data?

So can u still see the prices without selecting the $5 bundle? Or did u select the "no market data"

So do you just use the Super DOM or something??
                      Last edited by cbc00; 12-28-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

CME fees

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                        CME requires traders who receive their data to pay fees thus all brokerages including NinjaTrader Brokerage is required to pass the CME fee through to our clients. We sent out this notice via two emails early this month giving our clients ample time to review the information and make their selections.
                        Ray or anybody else watching this thread: Hopefully you can answer this question. I want to make sure I understand these new CME fees ... If I currently chart, use the NT market analyzer and trade real-time the following indices .. ES / NQ / YM / 6E / TF , I will need to sign up for the CME data fees. In this case, I will only need to sign up for 2 of them. The CME group ($5) which includes the ES/NQ/6E and the CBOT group ($5) which includes the YM for a total of $ 10 per month. I do not need the bundle. Also I am assuming the Russell (TF) is not affected since it trades on the ICE exchange. Are my assumptions correct ? Thanks anybody for an answer.
                        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by tallpaw View Post
                          Ray or anybody else watching this thread: Hopefully you can answer this question. I want to make sure I understand these new CME fees ... If I currently chart, use the NT market analyzer and trade real-time the following indices .. ES / NQ / YM / 6E / TF , I will need to sign up for the CME data fees. In this case, I will only need to sign up for 2 of them. The CME group ($5) which includes the ES/NQ/6E and the CBOT group ($5) which includes the YM for a total of $ 10 per month. I do not need the bundle. Also I am assuming the Russell (TF) is not affected since it trades on the ICE exchange. Are my assumptions correct ? Thanks anybody for an answer.
                          Paul
                          Paul,

This question really needs to be directed to your brokerage representative. The reason is some brokerage have implemented the CME rules differently such as Interactive Brokers. That being said, I believe your assumptions are correct. If your brokerage account is with NinjaTrader Brokerage, let me know.
                          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post usazencort  
                          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                          5 responses