Simpler Text editor for Elliott Waves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simpler Text editor for Elliott Waves?

Does anyone know of a simpler way to add text to the chart. The number of key strokes to add a simple wave count in ninja is time consuming particularly in the small time frames. Need to add text, change font size and color. Or better yet is there a way to create a library of text that can be dragged and dropped. Obviously using it to manually add elliott wave counts. Also would like to hear about any wave indicators out there. Already know about MTpredicator and currently trying Elwave.

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

For adding text to a chart, the most simple way would be to use the F12 key on the keyboard. This is the hotkey for the Text tool in a chart. Otherwise the toolbar or right click menu would be needed.

As for the Drag and Drop text, I don't know of anything with this feature, if you are using the F12 button followed by clicking where you want the text, it will automatically bring up the text editor dialog which would be basically the same as dragging something in and having it open the text editor.

This thread will remain open for the remainder of your questions as I can not recommend items myself so hopefully some other members can chime in on that subject.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The functionality you are seeking exists in MotiveWave. Elliott Wave symbols have a particular style (circle, parenthesis, etc) depending on the degree of the wave. For example, Minor degree is 1,2,3 .. etc. but primary degree is circle-1, circle-2, circle-3, etc. Ninja does not have a built-in library of the symbols included, nor a way to validate that they are correct (i.e. that 4 does not overlap 1). This self-checking also exists in MotiveWave.

Comment

Thank You, I will look into it. Currently testing ELWave.

Comment

Thank You, I was already using the F12 hot key. Is there any way to create more hot keys. For example a hot key that could be assigned to one (not the default one) of the Fib. retracement?

Comment

Hello,

You can manage drawing tools hot keys using the hot key manager.

This is located in the Tools -> Hot key Manager -> Chart.

In this section you can re map all of the drawing tool hot keys. Here is some additional information on the manager; http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ey_manager.htm

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Max238
            by Max238

Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            1 response