Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

New laptop. Ninja installed. Copy data etc from previous laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New laptop. Ninja installed. Copy data etc from previous laptop?

I have been using NT 7 on my existing laptop for some time and I have various workspaces, templates, custom indicators etc.

I have a new laptop and I have installed NT 7 on it. I want to copy over as much as possible in terms of settings, workspaces, indicators, data etc.

I am quite familiar with where things are stored in my NT folder e.g. C:\Users\chris\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom.

Other than install on the new laptop I have not added any charts or done anything on the new version of NT.

Is there a list of folders/files I need to copy to the new laptop in order to replicate what I have currently?

or

Can I safely copy all the NT folders and files from the old laptop to the new laptop (with NT closed of course)?

See attached doc for the list of folders and files I am thinking of copying.

I have backed up the folders and files created by the new installation on the new computer.
    Attached Files

Hello Skiguy,

Thank you for your note

Yes, you can transfer these files to the new computer.

However, you would need to update the NinjaScript references to reflect the new files path location of the custom scripts. See the instructions on how to update these
    • In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
    • In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the 'Ok' button.

This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :
    • Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
    • In the context menu click on 'References'
    • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL's which are giving errors one by one and click on the 'Remove' button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :
    • In the Reference dialog, Click on the 'Add' button.
    • Select all the missing DLL's (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64) one by one and then click 'Ok'. [Please adjust if needed for 32 bit setup]
    • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
    • The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state

If you run into any issues fixing the issue with the steps provided please let us know and we can setup a remote assistance session with one of our techs.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the prompt response.

I will give it a try.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes