Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Realtime Data streaming for Indices

Hello,
    I'm currently using NT 7.0.1000.22 withe the continuum data Feed ( Ninjatrading Brokerage complete solution).
    If I plot indexes such as ^DJIA, ^COMP, etc. on a chart I can get only historical values, 1min, 5 min etc but no live updating. As soon as I reload historical data then I get the indexes "updated" but still not live streaming.
    Tried everything I read in other threads: included Index Data in the account connection options, reseted the instrument list etc
    My Broker (NT Brokerage) told me the indices are free for me.
    My futures data typically comes through Globex and is working fine for real time also the Fdax through Eurex Exchange.

Also I get no data for the German "^Dax Xetra" Index, also no historical data

Thanks for your help.

Hi Mirasol, thanks for your reply.

Make sure to check the Continuum Supported Indexes page to ensure the instruments you are plotting are supported by Continuum:

Continuum Supported Indexes

^DJIA and ^COMP should work for you, but I don't see the German "^Dax Xetra" Index listed.

As a first step to get your supported indexes working, let's delete your cache files. To do so, shut down NinjaTrader, then navigate to the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7/db/cache folder, then delete all of the contents of this folder. Afterwards, relaunch NinjaTrader and open your charts. Do they operate as you would expect then?

Looking forward to your reply.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hello AlexC,

thanks for your reply. I´ve done as you described, but no result. Same problem as before.

Comment

Hi Mirasol, thanks for your reply.

In that case, try resetting your instruments and then restarting NinjaTrader for those changes to take affect. To reset your instruments: from the Control Center, go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'. Afterwards, restart NinjaTrader and see if you can then get real-time data.

If not, please send your log and trace files to [email protected]. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following URL in the body of the email:

<span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I have same problem with IB. All other charts are fine but all indices are not updating real time.

Comment

Hi yuren5, thanks for your post.

I'd like to also have you send your log and trace files to us, so that I may diagnose why index data isn't working on your IB connection.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Comment

Just solve the problem. I closed TWS and logged in again everything is working.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
              Hi yuren5, thanks for your post.

I'd like to also have you send your log and trace files to us, so that I may diagnose why index data isn't working on your IB connection.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              1 response