X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Opening TWS

Hello

i am running TWS 944.3.

I have not logged in for a few weeks and I am getting a few different errors now when trying to log in - one of which is a NinjaTrader error.

I will give a very brief overview of the whole story in case it helps properly troubleshoot the NT portion of this.

When I log in and attempt to connect to TWS from NinjaTrader, I get an error message which says, "Can't find Java executable at ...." (picture attached named NT Error)

The current file path for TWS found via the properties window is "Windows\system32\javaw.exe"

The reason for that is because an error that I got with TWS when attempting to open that manually (not through NinjaTrader). That error said that there was an issue with the ddedll.dll file. (picture attached named TWS Initial Error). When that error comes up, my Chrome is immediately opened with this webpage: http://ibkb.interactivebrokers.com/node/2155 where I am told how to fix this problem which tells me to change the filepath.

This, undoubtedly, makes NinjaTrader unable to find TWS - not to mention that it did not fix the issue as I continue getting the ddedll.dll file error message.

I will naturally be in contact with IB but I wanted to also post here in case the two issues are unrelated and I should be doing something separately to fix the issue with NinjaTrader being able to open up TWS.

Thank you for your help
    Attached Files

Hi jg123, thanks for your post.

One thing you may try in order to get TWS up and working is to update Java to the latest version, then copy the javaw.exe from your C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre<version info>\bin folder into your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post alifarahani  
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH