Candle's is 1 day ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle's is 1 day ahead

I successfully imported a list of Hong Kong stocks, and most of the charts work fine. However one thing is common on all these stocks' charts is that the date on the candle is one day ahead of the trading day, e.g.

trading day: 1/6/2015; NJ7 display 1/7/2015

Did I miss anything when I set up NT7?

Thanks.

Hello Mr. Lawrence,

I assume the issue relates to daily charts only.

Can you please tell me what time zone is used as per your PC clock.

What session template do you have selected in these charts?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Yes, the issue occurs in daily chart only.

I'm in Toronto, Canada. My PC clock's time zone is (GMT-0500) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Thanks

Comment

Can you please try the following. Shut down NinjaTrader and change your PC clock to Hong Kong time zone.

Subsequently delete the db-->cache folder. You can find the folder at the location below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->cache

Start NinjaTrader and check if the daily bars are time stamped as expected.

If the issue remains, please right click in the chart and set 'Session template' to HKFE and check again.

Comment

As the Hong Kong market closes a couple of hours ago, the latest trading day is 1/7/2015. I got the following testing results.

1a. Without change anything, Eastern Time (US & Canada), last candle (1/7/2015)'s time stamp is 1/8/205
          1b. (after 1a) change session template to HKFE, last candle (1/6/2015)'s time stamp is 1/6/205

2a. delete cashe folder, Hong Kong time zone, last candle (1/7/2015)'s time stamp is 1/8/205
          2b. (after 2a) change session template to HKFE, last candle (1/6/2015)'s time stamp is 1/6/205

Test 1 is a twist of your suggestion. Both tests end up with the correct time stamp without the (1/7/2015) latest trading day's candle.

At the moment, sinceI live in Toronto, and want to avoid overwhelming adminsitrative work, I'm taking 1b approach . So I got 2 follow up questions:

3. How can I default session template to HKFE?
          4. The proposed solution leaves out the latest trading day, is there any remedy for it?

Comment

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight one of the instruments in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. You can now set the default session template. Once you configured it to your liking, please remove and re-add the instrument to your instrument list for the change to take effect.

You could manually enter OHLC values for the current day in the Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab. Instructions can be found at the link below.

Comment

My problem is similar. I use Yahoo EOD data and have last bars dated 8th March, whereas 6th March should be the last day. Does the setting for session manager 24/7 or 24/5 matter? Thanks.

Comment

Hello Farmer George,

Yes, it can make a difference. However the session template selected in the Data Series menu of the chart is important. If set to <Use instrument settings>, it will use the session template that is configured for the instrument in the Instrument Manager. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question and click Edit. You will now see what session template the instrument by default uses. A session template selected in the Session Manager does not have any effect.

Please select the 'Default 24/5' session template in the Data Series menu of the chart and check if the 6th is the last day. If the issue remains, please tell me what stock you have loaded in the chart.

Comment

Hi Jason, just checked all that and I still get a one-day ahead date i.e. 10th March. I am looking at ARM.L. Where do I find <use instrument settings>?
                  Last edited by Farmer George; 03-09-2015, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Hello Farmer George,

Please right click in the chart and select Data Series. On the right side of the Data Series menu you will find a Session Template property. What option is selected here currently?

Please middle mouse click in the chart on the most recent bar which is labeled 3/10. What time do you see in the mini-data box window for this bar?

Which timezone setting does your local PC use?
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've tried all three 24/7, 24/5 and <use instrument settings>. The date is 10/03/2015 00.00 for 24/7 and <use instrument settings> and 10/03/2015 1:00 for 24/4. The time here is 20:20 on 09/03/2015. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Which timezone setting does your local PC use?

Comment

Hi, how can I check that?

Comment

Hello,

Please click on the PC clock then select 'Change Date and Time Settings'. Your timezone will be displayed in the menu which appears after making this selection.

Comment

This is what I have:
                              (UTC+01:00) Sarajevo, Skopje, Warsaw, Zagreb

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                              24 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post spwizard