Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TICKQ and Range Bar Charts

Hello,

I have a few questions. I am trying to overlay the TICKQ on a range bar chart both set at 1Range. When I overlay it the range bar chart gets skewed or just plots a line that can't be zoomed in on. If I just open a TICKQ chart set at 1range it plots just one line without being able to zoom in. The TICKQ can be overlaid on any other chart being seconds, minutes, volume, ticks etc but the range bar chart it doesn't seem to work correctly. Also with the other charts (min, sec, vol etc) sometimes I can zoom in more than "normal" and sometimes I can not. The interaction between the TICKQ and the charts is rather strange to me. Is there any solution to this. This happens even if I place the TICKQ in a separate panel as well. I've attached the chart of what happens with the TICKQ plotted alone and then overlaid on the 1 Range Bar Chart. The final chart is the 1 range without the TICKQ. Essentially I'd like it to look like that or similar based on the zoom with the TICKQ overlaid.
    Attached Files

Hello eminiman414,

This is because both data series share the same time axis. You could use two separate charts and position them under each other on your monitor.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

See chart 1 in my post Above that's what happens when I plot the tickq alone. I've tried to plot it alone with no success. Using a 5 second chart the tickq can be overlaid fine as well as plotted alone but why doesn't it work with the range bar charts?

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected when using a range interval type for the TICKQ index. This is due to the TICKQ prices and how range bars function. The TICKQ uses very different prices - a new range bar is created when the price goes outside the range. It uses a tick size of 0.01. So when using an interval of 1, it creates 100 up or down price bars in succession when there is a difference of 1 point. For example, if you select a Range 1000 interval you will see less bars in succession.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Awesome. It works with the larger range size. You're the best. Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Gerik
          by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes