Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB and Kinetick connection

Hi

I have created a connection for Kinetick data with its backup as Interactive Brokers. I have also created another connection for Interactive Brokers. Now I have a few questions:

1. Before I do live trading I need to do more testing of my platform and technique. How do I do that while being connected to the live data feed from Kinetick and / or Interactive Brokers? Is it by checking and unchecking File / Global Simulation Mode? How can I be sure that the trades that I play around with are actually in simulation mode -- as opposed to going through my live account?

2. I see 2 rows in the Accounts tab -- one for the simulation account and the other for the IB live account. However, in the 'Account Performance' tab I see only the simulation results, no matter what I do. If I reset the simulation account while connected to the live account, what will happen? How do I make the live account show/'unshow' in the Account Performance Tab?

2. I see my account balance in Canadian Dollars (I reside in Canada). Is that the best practice? Do Canadians usually hold the balance in USD? Should I be talking to IB about this and get it changed? USD seems to be the better choice, considering I trade mainly in EURUSD and Crude.

Thank you

Hello mfouwaaz,

1. The account selected in the NinjaTrader order entry window determines if you trade in simulation or live. If the sim101 account is selected, you will trade in simulation. If you enable 'Global Simulation Mode', the sim101 account will always be selected and cannot be changed. Only when 'Global Simulation Mode' is disabled, you can select your live account.

2. This means you did not trade your IB account in NinjaTrader so far. I assume you clicked the Advanced>> button in the Account Performance-tab and you do not see your IB account.

The simulation account will be reset. It will not interfere with your IB connection.

Once you traded the IB account in NinjaTrader, it will be available.

3. This information is loaded from IB, see the link below.

Please check with them if it can be changed to US Dollar.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
    7 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post yertle
    by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    2 responses