Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited TD Ameritrade intraday historical data -versus what is available

Hello,

If I connect NT to TD Ameritrade, I can only download 13 months plus current of historical intraday data. I.e. today, I can only download data from December 2013 up to now but not earlier than that. I know that there are available up to 24 months because that is the amount of data that can be downloaded from the TD Ameritrade StrategyDesk program.

Is there a way to change the setup of the API connection to TD Ameritrade in order to be able to download the whole 24 months?

By the way, what is the login level number used for when setting up the account connection. Which number should be used?

I know that I can download the missing data from StrategyDesk as a csv file, format it to comply with the NT template and import it through to NT but it has to be done instrument by instrument and it really would be a lot of manual work because I am planning to import hundreds.

Thank you for any advice on this.

Hello jvazquez28,

Thank you for your post.

The NinjaTrader platform is a third party application to TD Ameritrade and may not have access to the same amount of historical data as the native TD Ameritrade platform during market hours.

Unfortunately, there is no method to change the API used by NinjaTrader for TD Ameritrade. There is no option for the login level. Please visit the followign link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_PatrickH

Thank you for your reply. I thought I would find a better way to solve this issue because the workaround involves a massive amount of manual data manipulation that I was trying to avoid. =(

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post geddyisodin  
      Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB